The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubylucyy
Hiii! I have an offer for Advertising & Marketing, AAB/ABB(firm). If I went to Lancaster I would have to move away so I definitely want to go to an open day before I make it my firm🙂
My subjects for A-levels are: Media Studies, English Literature & Language and History!

no way you do the same a-levels as me!! i have an offer for media and cultural studies with a placement year!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
i have an offer for spanish & computing and i'm planning to make lancaster my firm :]
Original post by squemily16
Human Geography Offer holder here! Looking forward to visiting again on the offer holder day! Studying Biology, Maths and English Lit at A Level, and really like the idea of the major/minor system at Lancaster and being able to study another subject alongside Human Geography!

Hi i’m also holding a human geography offer. When do you plan on going on your open day im quite excited to go see the uni
Hey, I received an offer for Law (AAB) to start in September 2024!
Original post by Helanagleave
Hey, I received an offer for Law (AAB) to start in September 2024!

Congratulations! This is amazing :smile:

Tyler (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @Lancaster University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

I have just received my 2 offers to study engineering at Lancaster university, this is my firm choice university. They have requested "official evidence of the following results: A Levels, BTEC & GCSE English Language". I have my A level and BTEC exam certificates which I can provide as evidence but I do not have any official evidence for my GCSE English Language exam. I do not recall getting any GCSE exam certificates back in 2020, our grades were teacher assessed due to covid and I remember getting a sheet of A4 paper with all my GCSE grades on it (which i dont have anymore). Could you please advise on what the best way forward would be?
Does anyone know if Lancaster are reducing offers for an EPQ this year? It says on the website they will lower your offer for an A in EPQ but nobody I've asked has
Original post by flyingpiper26
I have just received my 2 offers to study engineering at Lancaster university, this is my firm choice university. They have requested "official evidence of the following results: A Levels, BTEC & GCSE English Language". I have my A level and BTEC exam certificates which I can provide as evidence but I do not have any official evidence for my GCSE English Language exam. I do not recall getting any GCSE exam certificates back in 2020, our grades were teacher assessed due to covid and I remember getting a sheet of A4 paper with all my GCSE grades on it (which i dont have anymore). Could you please advise on what the best way forward would be?

Hi,
Congratulations on your offers!
I'd advise getting in contact with the admissions team and seeking advice. You can contact them by email at [email protected] or by phone at tel:44-1524-592028.
It might also be worth getting in contact with the school you took your GCSEs at?
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)
Reply 48
Original post by zaykenyon
👋Happy to hold an ABB offer for Cyber Security (I900)!

Was this a contextual offer?
Original post by zaykenyon
👋Happy to hold an ABB offer for Cyber Security (I900)!

Reply 50
Original post by Luis2005

👋Hey, it was not. It was reduced because I take CS/Maths A-level.
Reply 51
Got an offer for Biology today - ABB (lowered a grade because of EPQ) I applied on 19th Jan.
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
Congratulations on your offers!
I'd advise getting in contact with the admissions team and seeking advice. You can contact them by email at [email protected] or by phone at tel:44-1524-592028.
It might also be worth getting in contact with the school you took your GCSEs at?
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)

hi, the school was able to provide a transcript with all my grades on it, which i have sent to the university. I am hoping it will be admissible as evidence.
Reply 53
I've just got an offer for Natural Science as well- AAB (I applied for both Nat Sci and Biology).
Congrats @Louisthom on your offer!
Hope to see you in Lancaster soon :smile:

Vyomika
LU Student Ambassador
Original post by mialiliee
I’m doing English lit and creative writing!! Planning on making it my firm too 🙂

ohh... as long as you enjoy it! :smile:
Reply 56
Congrats @Louisthom on your offer!
Hope to see you in Lancaster soon :smile:

Vyomika
LU Student Ambassador

Thanks! Do you know when post-offer days will be?
Original post by Louisthom
Thanks! Do you know when post-offer days will be?

Hi @Louisthom,
There's a number of offer holder days happening in person in Lancaster over the next few months. If you go to this website you should be able to book a place on one of these days!
Offer holder events - Lancaster University
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
I have an offer for Fine Art and I plan on making it my firm!
Reply 59

Hi @Louisthom,
There's a number of offer holder days happening in person in Lancaster over the next few months. If you go to this website you should be able to book a place on one of these days!
Offer holder events - Lancaster University
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thanks. I've booked on one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending