The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official Durham University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #8
I will most likely go to Durham as it's basically the best uny I could apply to.

Initialy I would of loved to apply at Cambridge or other hier tier unis like LSC.

But basically I found out that maths for A level was essential for my course, ( which I didnt have, unfortunately)

So because Durham has a good reputation and the uni looks nice I'll probably pick it

Well it's either Durham or Exeter

Alos I got an offer last week for my course which is existing

Which course?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by 5starmichelin
Which course?

Finance and accounting
Which course?

I would have preferred a economics course, but it is what it is
Original post by Anonymous #8

I would have preferred a economics course, but it is what it is

Oh okay, just out of curiosity, did your sixth form not offer it or you didn't take maths?
Oh okay, just out of curiosity, did your sixth form not offer it or you didn't take maths?

I didn't take maths. At the time I didn't look far ahead and was clueless that maths was necessary for a economics degree. So the subjects I decided to take are Business, Economics and Politics. Looking back i really should have chose maths instead of politics.
Reply 45
Can I just ask, that for the benefit if others reading the thread, that when you refer to receiving an offer, you mention if you are a home/international/contextual/non-contextual applicant please?

Those reading this now and in future years use these threads to track when offers are coming out and we all know that offers are started for different categories if students and different subjects at different times. So that info just makes the thread more useful to others.

Thank you very much.
home student, the offer was contextual
Anyone else got an engineering offer yet?
Hello:smile: I am currently on a gap year and will be studying Sociology next year and will be at St.John's
Got a physics offer today. Home, non-contextual
Received a contextual offer for Ancient History last week (home student). Very unexpected as my GCSEs aren't that great (mostly 7s)
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @Durham University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hello all, so happy to announce i received an offer from Durham for Politics & International Relations with a BBB contextual. Just curious, what is it like being a person of colour (I am African) in Durham? I really like Durham and want to go but do you think I would be discriminated against??
Original post by Anonymous #10
Hello all, so happy to announce i received an offer from Durham for Politics & International Relations with a BBB contextual. Just curious, what is it like being a person of colour (I am African) in Durham? I really like Durham and want to go but do you think I would be discriminated against??

For relevance I am a Home student.
For relevance I am a Home student.

You should be fine

i doubt you'd be discriminated against, it's a great environment and although there's a large proportion of students from private schools there's a good mix of students of colour and white students.
however, i am saying this as someone who just studies in durham as i am not quite in uni yet (2024 entry). i think you'd be okay either way as people are genuinely welcoming and helpful
Has anyone received an offer for Economics yet???
Reply 56
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @Durham University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi there! I recently redo an offer from Durham (on December the 14th) but haven’t heard anything yet about collages- should I contact Durham or is this normal?
Thanks so much :smile:)
Original post by MerryMayy

Hi there! I recently redo an offer from Durham (on December the 14th) but haven’t heard anything yet about collages- should I contact Durham or is this normal?
Thanks so much :smile:)

hi, i didn’t hear anything either, but if you log into their applicant portal it should be there.

also, there’s no rush to rank colleges, they don’t get allocated until may anyway so you can go to an open day before then
I got a conditional offer for English Literature. I'm doing the IB and I'm an international student
Offer received yesterday to study MMath (4 year course) predicted grades 4 x A* including Further Maths.
Non contextual home student

Quick Reply

Latest