The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Official University of Kent Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, got my conditional offer for biomedical science Bsc today, really excited as Kent is my first choice as it’s not far from where I live.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Kent for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi !! I got a conditional offer for journalism a little more than a week ago.☺️
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Kent for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi, I hold a conditional offer to study Law LLB and Im from essex, I take Psychology, English Literature and Level 3 Criminology. I wanted to ask how the Prepare for Law scheme worked as in would I need to sign up for it to apply or does it automatically apply as I have selected Kent as my firm? :smile:
Reply 23
Hey! I've accepted my offer to do history! I did history, art and maths for a level and am currently doing an art foundation year!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Thakkarvrt
Hello!

I’m planning to live on campus :smile: !! What is the best accommodation?

Hi @Thakkarvrt ,

It really depends on your budget and what your needs/wants are. Wherever you stay on campus you are not far from the facilities! Walking from one end of the campus to the other takes me 15 mins so when the weather is nice it is a lovely walk! It is especially nice to walk between doing uni work. What is even better is the green spaces on campus.

Have you been to one of our open days or applicant days? These are great to find out more about what your life at Kent would look like and get a feel for it yourself! If you do not live close but do want to have a look around you can also take a virtual tour (it is not quite the same but you can still get a feel for what it might be like and is a great alternative to open days). You can find more information about these days and the virtual tours here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/open-days

I am glad to hear you want to live on campus. I am just going to echo some of the great advice my friend David gave in a previous response in this thread...

It is really hard to say which is the "best", since everyone has different likes and dislikes - but you can break it up into different preferences to see what would suit you better.

These preferences would be:

Lone vs Twin Rooms: Some rooms you get all to your own, however you can cut the costs by choosing the option to share a room with another person in a twin setup, plus ensuite setup. From what I've heard, this is actually quite nice since you get the benefits of high quality rooms, at a much reduced price at the cost of some privacy.

En-Suite vs Shared Facilites: For some rooms, you can choose to have your own toilet and sink (ensuite), whereas in other accommodation you can choose to share these facilites for a reduced price as well.

Self-Catered vs Catered: As for catering, you can choose rooms with a Bed&Flex meal plan - whereby you pay £6 a day to eat, and receive £12 in tokens to spend at restaurants at the University, but lack a kitchen (which is surprisingly a pretty good deal as you save money on groceries, as well as on time cooking and effort in cooking, all while getting restaurant-quality food each day) -or you could choose another accommodation and cook your own food in a shared kitchen.Do note that you can also select the Bed&Flex plan as an extra option even if you're placed in an accommodation with a kitchen and supposedly self-catered service.

Location: Some flats are closer to central campus than others, for example Keynes, Darwin, and Turing are closer to the library and teaching facilities than Park Wood, though only by a few minutes. Nevertheless, this can be pretty handy if you leave yourroom late just before class is about to start! I think its more coincidence though that these places tend to cost more than the further away location though.

Duration: The normal duration that a contract lasts for accommodation is 39 weeks - meaning you can stay in your room fromSeptember - July (or June I can't remember). But, for a reduced price, you could choose to leave during Winter and Spring break which can help save you a pretty penny - thus spending only 32 weeks in your accommodation.

Moderate vs Normal Lifestyle: This won't cost you anything. You may get given the option of moderate living in your select accommodation, which means you'll be paired up (not just in a flat, but in a block) with others who selected moderate, and what this means is you all choose to not party too much, not staying up until 3am drinking, and not being too loud so that others and you can get a nice rest. Now, with all that said - some accommodation is more attractive to certain people than others, which is why there is no "best" room. I know that in my course, Park Woods is very popular - as its known more for being cheaper, as well as having more extroverted people who have more parties. Personally, I'm more a fan of Keynes, since I like being able to sleep, but also having my own ensuite facilities and being close to the library is also more my style. This does cost more though, so I took the 32 week option, and move out during breaks - which is a bit annoying, but not the end of the world. Just so you know as well, all first years and those living on Uni accommodation get free sport and fitness membership to Kentsport - which is always a nice, little thing to have!

I do hope this helped clarify the situation a bit more. Really, you just have to pick and choose what you're fine with living with and what your preferences are as well. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - but once again, I hope this helped!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by KazStudies
Hi, got my conditional offer for biomedical science Bsc today, really excited as Kent is my first choice as it’s not far from where I live.

Hey @KazStudies,

Congratulations on your offer! What is your reason for studying Biomedical science? We would love to hear why you chose that subject as it sounds fascinating (I do Psychology so I don't actually know much about it!)

Have you been to one of our open days or applicant days before? People have found visiting these days really helpful to get an insight into uni life/student life.

I also commute from home (about 15/20 min drive away from uni) so if you have any questions about this or student life, do not hesitate to ask them! I remember I was a bit worried about making friends at uni because I commute, do not drink and do not like partying so I was worried I would not fit in but you if it is of any reassurance you really do find people in similar positions as you. Whilst there is some truth to the stereotype that uni students party a lot, there are lots of non-drinking and accommodating events that our student union put on all year round! You can check these out here: https://kentunion.co.uk/giveitago

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep (Final year psychology BSc)
Original post by Natasha1512
Hi !! I got a conditional offer for journalism a little more than a week ago.☺️

Hey @Natasha1512 ,

Congratulations on your offer!

What made you become interested in journalism?

Have you been to one of our open days or applicant days before? People have found visiting these days really helpful to get an insight into uni life/student life. If you live far or in another country, not to worry as we have virtual tours available. Check out all the information here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/open-days

Let us know if you have any questions!

Alia
Original post by elliesen
Hey! I've accepted my offer to do history! I did history, art and maths for a level and am currently doing an art foundation year!

Hey @elliesen ,

Congratulations on your offer!

How are you finding the foundation year?

Let us know if you have any questions about student life or living in Canterbury! :smile:

Alia
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, I hold a conditional offer to study Law LLB and Im from essex, I take Psychology, English Literature and Level 3 Criminology. I wanted to ask how the Prepare for Law scheme worked as in would I need to sign up for it to apply or does it automatically apply as I have selected Kent as my firm? :smile:

Hi there

I am a third year law student at Kent. From my memory, I think the Prepare for Law Scheme applies automatically to any law students. I recall the process being quite simple, I think so long as you keep an eye out on your emails, it should include instructions on how to access the scheme.

If you do however encounter any issues, you can always get in touch with the Law School via [email protected].
I hope this helps.
Chloe
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there

I am a third year law student at Kent. From my memory, I think the Prepare for Law Scheme applies automatically to any law students. I recall the process being quite simple, I think so long as you keep an eye out on your emails, it should include instructions on how to access the scheme.

If you do however encounter any issues, you can always get in touch with the Law School via [email protected].
I hope this helps.
Chloe

Thank you for your help im excited to join the uni in september hopefully☺️
Original post by linasam
Heyyyy everyone!
I got a conditional offer from Kent about two weeks ago. I am doing Psych BSc. I am from East London/ Essex :smile:

Hi. I'm also from Essex and got an offer for BSc Anthropology :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by KazStudies
Hey, I got an offer for the same course! I'm not sure Kent is my first choice though so we may or may not see each other haha
Original post by linasam
Heyyyy everyone!
I got a conditional offer from Kent about two weeks ago. I am doing Psych BSc. I am from East London/ Essex :smile:
Hii I’ve also got an offer for psychology
Hi!! I recently received my conditional offer for Drama and Film a month ago!!
Got an unconditional offer for Law. I am from Chichester in South of England
I have an offer to study architecture BA, I’m from the east midlands, Kent is a bit far away but I’ll figure something out :biggrin:
Just wondering which accommodation is best for introverts(I like my sleep..)but also close to the architecture building?
Original post by Justagirl26xoxo
Hii I’ve also got an offer for psychology
Hey!

Congratulations! I did my BSc in Psychology at Kent so if you have any questions, let me know!! :smile:

Best of luck with everything,
Natalie
Original post by Anonymous #5
I have an offer to study architecture BA, I’m from the east midlands, Kent is a bit far away but I’ll figure something out :biggrin:
Just wondering which accommodation is best for introverts(I like my sleep..)but also close to the architecture building?
Hey!

Congratulations on your offer & we look forward to seeing you at Kent soon!! So currently, I'm pretty sure a fair bit of the architecture teaching takes place in the Marlowe building (however, keep in mind this can change, and also you won't always be in one building for all classes).

When selecting your accommodation at Kent, it may be worth you selecting the "Moderate living" choice when applying as well - as that will hopefully partner you up with other "moderate living" students who may also be more introverted!

Becket Court accomodation is close to Marlowe - however it is important to note it is next to the nightclub, so may not always be the best for a quiet nights sleep! 😀 Keynes (Keynes College, Flats & Houses) & Eliot are two other nice options fairly close by, though I'd say most (if not all) on-campus accommodation is no more than a 15 minute walk away from any part of campus. 🙂 These ones I've given also have various self-catered/catered options!

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
Hey!

I have applied for accommodation and selected the lifestyle moderate option. Does anyone have experience as what it is like? I understand that it is a grouping of people who are more introverted but it would be great if I could hear about what it actually is like?

hey,
i got a contextual offer to study architecture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending