The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
When they broke up for Christmas?? I don't think that they have returned from Christmas break yet. Also, if I may ask, why second year? There was one other person in this forum with a second year entry offer but for Maths I believe...

Oh no, it was in November when I got the offer.
For the second year entry, I chose it because there was an option for it. It also says that the first year of scot uni should be an equivalent to a level (Y13)? not sure about that tho. It’s also gonna save my family a lot of money, since it’s 4 years for a master at an eng uni and 5 years for a master in scotland. I’m just kind of worried about having less time to adjust to the workload and I don’t see a lot of people doing second year entry.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
Hello everyone!

I got an offer for the MSc in Global Health Policy, anyone else from the same program?
Hi all!

I have an offer from Edinburgh for LLB (M117). Anyone else with the same offer? :biggrin:

I am an international student from South Korea doing the IB program.
Hello! International student from the east coast United States. I got my unconditional offer to study History and Archaeology (MA or bachelors) at Edinburgh about a month ago! Very excited for next year!
Reply 44
Original post by yunchenjinwu
Hi all!

I have an offer from Edinburgh for LLB (M117). Anyone else with the same offer? :biggrin:

Congrats!

I have also applied to Edinburgh for LLB (M114), may I ask when did u apply?
Original post by u13sr22
Original post by yunchenjinwu
Hi all!

Congrats!

I have also applied to Edinburgh for LLB (M114), may I ask when did u apply?

I applied on October 15 :smile:
I got an offer for architecture (k100) Friday,
ABBB for highers no specific subjects.
Original post by Anonymous #4
I got an offer for architecture (k100) Friday,
ABBB for highers no specific subjects.

was it a contextual offer if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by Anonymous #5

It was a conditional offer as I'm still in S5 so don't have highers yet
Original post by Anonymous #5

Oops last reply read your question wrong. Got the minimum entry requirements because my school is eligible for widening acess
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Edinburgh for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/subjects from other qualifications you are taking and the subject you want to study at uni!! :smile:

Hi!! Got my offer early last month for English Literature! I’m currently taking English Lit, History and Spanish at A-Level and hoping to continue History in first year! I’ve also got offers from Leeds, York, Liverpool and Northumbria - still deciding on my insurance choice - anyone else taking lit next year???
Original post by z1ggystardust_
Hi!! Got my offer early last month for English Literature! I’m currently taking English Lit, History and Spanish at A-Level and hoping to continue History in first year! I’ve also got offers from Leeds, York, Liverpool and Northumbria - still deciding on my insurance choice - anyone else taking lit next year???

Wow! Congrats on all 5 offers! I applied for Computer Science and I'm just waiting on one more decision from Durham (rejection from Cambridge pre-interview ☹️ so no chance of me getting all 5 back).
Original post by Anonymous #1
Wow! Congrats on all 5 offers! I applied for Computer Science and I'm just waiting on one more decision from Durham (rejection from Cambridge pre-interview ☹️ so no chance of me getting all 5 back).

Congrats!! What are the other universities you had offer from for CS?
Reply 53

Hi I'm doing lit next year too (its this year now I guess! Unless I've misunderstood and you've applied deferred for 2025), with philosophy. Is Edinburgh your first choice then?
(edited 3 months ago)

haha omg thats so funny i've applied to basically all the same unis as you and im just waiting to hear from Edinburgh about english lit! looove david bowie too
Original post by Anonymous #6
Congrats!! What are the other universities you had offer from for CS?

I have offers from Imperial (Received 18/12 and A*AAA with Grade 2 in STEP II), Edinburgh (20/10 and 3 A stars) and Manchester (03/10 and 3 A stars). I am definitely firming Imperial but unsure about insurance choice....most likely Durham (anticipating the offer from them after getting into a more competitive Imperial course, which will be A star AA) but they are taking AGES!! I applied on 27/09 and some people have received offers from Durham CS on this website even though they applied after me (home and non-contextual in some cases, applying with predicted grades) but no one from the 6 other CS applicants to Durham from my school have received offers from them so that's what is keeping my hope for the Durham offer alive.

What about you? What is your firm and what is your insurance?

I fumbled my Cambridge admissions test after confusing the timings. I thought I had 15 minutes more than I actually had (after looking at the wrong end time in the table as there were 6 other admissions tests taking place in the same room) so during the test, when I saw that I had worked through it really quickly, I began to pace myself so that I didn't make any mistakes. When I saw that I had 17 minutes left (2 minutes before the actual end time), I thought that I should slowly start to shade in the lozenges on my answer sheet. 2 minutes later, I got the shock of my life when I got told to put my pencil down at which time I clocked that I looked at the wrong row. I only managed to shade 9 answers out of the 20 questions on my answer sheet at which point I knew that I was going to get rejected because paper 1 is normally the one that carries my mark up. Paper 2 is the notorious one for me and I knew I was going to get rejected.

When I got the results, it was so disheartening and my Imperial interview was in 5 days from that day and I just felt destroyed and a lack of motivation to do ANY work. The annoying thing was that I scored 4.5 and I know people who got interviews with scores of 4.0 and 5.0 for my course so I have absolutely no clue how they got interviews. Furthermore, it was really painful seeing my score because in practice, I was getting 7.5 which is in offer territory for my course. I wish I got the interview opportunity because it would then mean I didn't spend the past two months in vain but it is what it is.

If anything, being rejected from Cambridge motivated me to get an offer from Imperial because it was my last chance to get into somewhere world class. My admissions test for Imperial was on 12/10, which I felt was really easy and I smashed it. It had 10 MCQs and they were all really easy. After waiting a month (in between which I had my Cambridge admissions test), I received my Imperial interview invite. I was so nervous for this and prepared for it like an Oxbridge interview (even though it is far harder to get an Imperial interview since you need to be 15 other people for 1 interview place). My interview was on the whole OK and I really enjoyed the experience, barring one tricky question at the end of my interview which I eventually got. I had drawn my answer on the physical whiteboard and drawn everything I needed to but I just wasn't spotting the solution for two minutes straight. My interview ran over by about 10 minutes and my interviewer seemed really interested in me just by looking at the questions he was asking so I think that was a good sign. The problem was according to the Computing admissions tutors, 1 in 4 interviewees receive offers (though this number is different depending on who you ask. For instance, the students at Imperial said that about 80% of them get offers), which was extremely daunting because in my group of ~15 people, EVERYONE, and I literally mean EVERYONE, had Oxbridge interviews the following week. And there were 5 other groups, which I'm sure had similar numbers so I thought that I had no chance here. They told us that it's a one month wait and that was the most daunting one month wait ever. But on December 18th at 10pm, I received my Imperial offer.
Got an offer for Biology, 2 weeks after application (October deadline). Got rejection from Oxford, waiting for UCL. Have 45 predicted for IB. Happy to attend Edinburgh though. Loved the city and the school, also good that accommodation is quite concentrated in one campus. Manchester would be safety.
Original post by Anonymous #7
Got an offer for Biology, 2 weeks after application (October deadline). Got rejection from Oxford, waiting for UCL. Have 45 predicted for IB. Happy to attend Edinburgh though. Loved the city and the school, also good that accommodation is quite concentrated in one campus. Manchester would be safety.

Congratulations! I'm in literally the same situation as u but for Law. IB45 Oxford reject, Edinburgh offer holder who is waiting for UCL haha. All the best of luck man!!
Original post by KimGrrr
Hi I'm doing lit next year too (its this year now I guess! Unless I've misunderstood and you've applied deferred for 2025), with philosophy. Is Edinburgh your first choice then?

oh it is next year now haha my bad! yes i think edinburgh is definitely my first choice!
Original post by ruthscarlett
haha omg thats so funny i've applied to basically all the same unis as you and im just waiting to hear from Edinburgh about english lit! looove david bowie too

omg good luck on your offer!! david bowie and english lit seem to go hand in hand haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending