The Student Room Group

oxford english interviews

Hi all, this is a post for my English people wandering when we can expect to hear back about interview invites? having looked at the dates from previous years spreadsheets, I wasn't expecting to hear back until w/c 20th but some people are getting invites (for other subjects granted) this week which is certainly earlier than in previous years.

Also, how are you all preparing for your interviews?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all, this is a post for my English people wandering when we can expect to hear back about interview invites? having looked at the dates from previous years spreadsheets, I wasn't expecting to hear back until w/c 20th but some people are getting invites (for other subjects granted) this week which is certainly earlier than in previous years.

Also, how are you all preparing for your interviews?

Written work deadline was only last week so I wouldn’t expect to hear anything till middle of next week and that’s at the earliest. Last year they was sent out around 25-27th.
Follow this thread for latest interview/rejection updates.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7369093

Several ways to prep for interview. Read a poem or short text and explain the subtle nuances to a friend, family, teacher etc. Ask if your school gives mock interviews. Check out the information and demonstration videos on this webpage Interviews | University of Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #2
Written work deadline was only last week so I wouldn’t expect to hear anything till middle of next week and that’s at the earliest. Last year they was sent out around 25-27th.

Waiting to hear also. Applied to Magdalen for English. Good luck!
I am also waiting, I am guessing that they will begin to come out this week. I think law was announced today
Original post by Anonymous #4
I am also waiting, I am guessing that they will begin to come out this week. I think law was announced today

Yes. Have seen a lot of law folks posting. Thinking English might come Friday.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yes. Have seen a lot of law folks posting. Thinking English might come Friday.

interesting, what makes you say friday?
Original post by Anonymous #1
interesting, what makes you say friday?

No special intel about Friday. Just looking back to when last year people started posting interviews for English. Also website says 7-10 days before 1st date for interviews, which is 12/4 this year. 🤞
Reply 8
Has anyone heard back from Magdalen English?
Original post by manna38889
Has anyone heard back from Magdalen English?

My daughter’s friend did on friday but it was a rejection.
How did everyone find the interviews :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending