The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US programme

Hello! I am applying to sutton us this year and I REALLY want to get in. please, is anyone able to help me with literally anything you know about the application process 😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crispybutterfly
Hello! I am applying to sutton us this year and I REALLY want to get in. please, is anyone able to help me with literally anything you know about the application process 😭

Program Alum here! What do you want to know?
Original post by ry7xsfa
Program Alum here! What do you want to know?

Hey! How many extra curriculars did you have? Also, please give tips for the application in general :smile:
Hey! How many extra curriculars did you have? Also, please give tips for the application in general :smile:

yo have u completed ur application?
Original post by Anonymous #1
yo have u completed ur application?

i started
i started

what are ur grades like and your extracurricular?
Original post by Anonymous #1
what are ur grades like and your extracurricular?

i mean idk 😭 i have a few extracurriculars and my gcse s are okay hbu? i m so stressed tho cause i don’t know if im doing enough for the application and i would really really wanna get in 😭
i mean idk 😭 i have a few extracurriculars and my gcse s are okay hbu? i m so stressed tho cause i don’t know if im doing enough for the application and i would really really wanna get in 😭

mine are also ok but im stressing about the essays my english is so bad
Original post by raza_ammar1029
mine are also ok but im stressing about the essays my english is so bad

I don’t know I feel as though whatever I write would not even stand out, you know? Did you film your video yet?

I don’t know I feel as though whatever I write would not even stand out, you know? Did you film your video yet?

Not yet dk why I am putting it off 😭 I'll try to do it tmrw fingers crossed. I still haven't thought of a good name for the course. stressing so hard 😔 wbu
Original post by raza_ammar1029
Not yet dk why I am putting it off 😭 I'll try to do it tmrw fingers crossed. I still haven't thought of a good name for the course. stressing so hard 😔 wbu

stressing as well 😭
Hi! What were peoples stats and ecs for their Sutton trust us applications?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi! What were peoples stats and ecs for their Sutton trust us applications?

hii! ngl mine weren’t too impressive im stressing. also… when you check the youtube video, does it show how much they watched from it? i can see that they viewed 4 min and 16 seconds out of 5 minutes and 15 seconds… im starting to think that they got bored…

hii! ngl mine weren’t too impressive im stressing. also… when you check the youtube video, does it show how much they watched from it? i can see that they viewed 4 min and 16 seconds out of 5 minutes and 15 seconds… im starting to think that they got bored…

Wait how do you check how much they’ve seen? Also what were your stats and ec’s if you don’t mind me asking?
Wait how do you check how much they’ve seen? Also what were your stats and ec’s if you don’t mind me asking?

so if you go to “manage videos” on youtube, you can see the number of views that each video had. then, by clicking on a little “statistics” icon, you can check different info about your viewer (avg time they watched etc.). lmk how it is cause im still stressing haha 😭 my ec s included hospital volunteering, owner of a small non-profit business for eating disorders, biology society at school, school volunteering for open days and interview days, ivy league club at school, candidacy for head girl… and that s all i can remember for now… idk what did you have?

so if you go to “manage videos” on youtube, you can see the number of views that each video had. then, by clicking on a little “statistics” icon, you can check different info about your viewer (avg time they watched etc.). lmk how it is cause im still stressing haha 😭 my ec s included hospital volunteering, owner of a small non-profit business for eating disorders, biology society at school, school volunteering for open days and interview days, ivy league club at school, candidacy for head girl… and that s all i can remember for now… idk what did you have?

Ohhh thank you! Wow the non Profit Business is Crazy impressive. I just put being the sports ambassador at my sixth form college and doing stuff like interviews, creating content and monitoring the sports ig page , website developing and my Plans for how thats going to fit into my passion project, competing in essay competitions, volunteering for a year at a charity shop, Dofe Silver, my Part Time job, volunteering at open events, and my growing TikTok account on books just for the fun of it.
Ohhh thank you! Wow the non Profit Business is Crazy impressive. I just put being the sports ambassador at my sixth form college and doing stuff like interviews, creating content and monitoring the sports ig page , website developing and my Plans for how thats going to fit into my passion project, competing in essay competitions, volunteering for a year at a charity shop, Dofe Silver, my Part Time job, volunteering at open events, and my growing TikTok account on books just for the fun of it.

Oh my god i have no chance… 😭 anyways…i should really stop thinking abt it cause i get so stressed i don t even sleep really well at night anymore :smile: good luck <3
Reply 17
Did you guys get the survey thing to fill in?
Original post by jtxk
Did you guys get the survey thing to fill in?

yup
Reply 19

No because same 😅 they only watched like 75% of my video but thing is I am looking through the other threads from last year etc and some people said that their videos weren't even watched 😭 so hopefully that's a good sign seeing as they watched the video at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending