The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crispybutterfly

81% but I think they would watch the accepted ones several times, right?

I dont actually know if that’s the case, I mean they’ve watched mine twice but who knows
Original post by Anonymous #2
I dont actually know if that’s the case, I mean they’ve watched mine twice but who knows

I don’t even know at this point i am stressing so badly

I don’t even know at this point i am stressing so badly

In your Video what did you talk about? Did you show anything that might have made you stand out in your application? Or Show more interest in studying in the US? And till wjat Part did they stop watching?
In your Video what did you talk about? Did you show anything that might have made you stand out in your application? Or Show more interest in studying in the US? And till wjat Part did they stop watching?

In my opinion, i gave it my all in my video…now, i don’t know if it stood out in any way but oh well…they stopped watching when i finished talking about the colleges.

In my opinion, i gave it my all in my video…now, i don’t know if it stood out in any way but oh well…they stopped watching when i finished talking about the colleges.

Ohhhh, was your Video formal? Or was it more of a conversation format style?
Ohhhh, was your Video formal? Or was it more of a conversation format style?

Conversational, why? Haha

Conversational, why? Haha

I was just wondering. It’s just the ones that are public on YouTube seem to be a mix of conversational and people who sound like they’re reading a script
I was just wondering. It’s just the ones that are public on YouTube seem to be a mix of conversational and people who sound like they’re reading a script

Oh i see…anyways…i guess i ll just hope for the best 😭
Anyone else feel like they’re getting even more stressed? For career interests and for your video what did you guys Write and say? I feel like I just waffles tbh

I'm so nervous because my video was total improv but I did multiple retakes. 😅 and my career interest was a common job wbu?

I'm sure you did great 👍 what kind of stuff did you put for your essays?
Original post by Anonymous #5

I'm so nervous because my video was total improv but I did multiple retakes. 😅 and my career interest was a common job wbu?

Mine was improv too and I kept nervously touching my hair 😭 for career interests I put so many different job choices and explained them in detail and in my video I showed my journal that had bout 15 different US colleges I’m interested in and it’s details
Reply 91
Mine was improv too and I kept nervously touching my hair 😭 for career interests I put so many different job choices and explained them in detail and in my video I showed my journal that had bout 15 different US colleges I’m interested in and it’s details

Omg that's really goood, no wonder they watched your video twice. They watched my video twice too but I was talking about how I want to go to Yale because of growing up with Gilmore Girls and how I want to go different ivies Harvard, Princeton etc
Original post by jtxk

Omg that's really goood, no wonder they watched your video twice. They watched my video twice too but I was talking about how I want to go to Yale because of growing up with Gilmore Girls and how I want to go different ivies Harvard, Princeton etc

Thanks! the Gilmore Girls and Yale reference is a cute way to connect to your US interest, that’s really cool!! Have they watched yours twice?
Thanks! the Gilmore Girls and Yale reference is a cute way to connect to your US interest, that’s really cool!! Have they watched yours twice?

I also wrote about Gilmore girls haha
They watched my vid twice.

I'm not really stressed about it tbh, que sera sera
Reply 95

Yeah they watched it twice
Reply 96
I also wrote about Gilmore girls haha

Oh that's really cool! I also talked about "friends" and how I want to live in New York
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by jtxk
Oh that's really cool! I also talked about "friends" and how I want to live in New York

everyone here is so lucky how are you guys not over the moon 😭 you have 2 views they are for sure interested
Reply 98
everyone here is so lucky how are you guys not over the moon 😭 you have 2 views they are for sure interested

Cause its a holistic process, I have no clue what it means and I have no clue if I'll be accepted not trying to get my hopes up 😭
Original post by jtxk
Cause its a holistic process, I have no clue what it means and I have no clue if I'll be accepted not trying to get my hopes up 😭

I hope these people realise what a stressful thing this is for average 16-17 year olds lmao! I have been getting less and less sleep as decision day is approaching

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending