The Student Room Group

Let's be friends!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by limbobimbo
I saw many posts about people wanting to meet new people and befriend them here on tsr and decided I should try and find people to talk to too!

I'm up to talk to people (if u need a study buddy, a lvl mental help support, (cuz bio and chem is acc chewing my brain off), person to rant to or just someone to talk to!)

I'll say a few things ab me b4hand so if anyone or OP want to reach out, feel free to do so!

Something ab me:
-> I'm bengali, but nationality wise, I'm italian and a proud hijabi.

-> I'm doing bio, chem, and psychology for a level

-> I'm super introverted in educational settings (rn at skl- i mean it, im so introverted it took me 2 months to hang out with like only a handful of people in skl - doe i have many class friends!) but extroverted in public and event settings (weird, isn't it?)

-> I'm really straightforward and have a wack sense of humour (according to my friends, i think my humours elite)

-> I'm a fan of watching dramas (english, italian, turkish, hindi, bengali, japanese, chinese, korean, thai, the list goes on)
-> I also watch anime and have watched over 150 so far (kinda stopped since a lvls requires hella attention)

-> I have a range of music tastes, and it can go anywhere from liking classical music (my fav rn is Swan Lake) to japanese music (lamp, ichiko, malice mizer anyone?) to even english songs (melanie martinez, mother mother and the random solo artist here and there)
-> I listen to whatever catches my attention really, id love to hear some good recommendations!

^ if u recognise this from a comment section (?) I basically copy and pasted it again cuz I wanna find people who like my vibe (if ygmm)
omg i hope you’re still active but i listen to malice mizer, i love them so much 🫶 i love japanese pop and rock in general !!
hi im obsessed with turkish dramas...what have u watched??? im watching rn ates kuslari....and rewatching for the like 3rd or 4th time resurrection:ertugrul. i started watching osman but i gave up.

also for me im introverted in school like when im in class with no friends but ik ppl but they arent in my friend group im quiet. but if i have classes with people in my friend group im loud asf. also i do have days where i am quiet in general depending on my mood.
I TOTALLY FORGOT MY OBSESSION WITH READING!
I love reading ANYTHING! Books (Manhwas, comics and wattapd anyone?), magazines, blogs, back of cereal cartons, ANYTHING!
What kind of books do you read?? I love reading, and writing, I've read so many great books. What's your favorite genre to read?
Original post by r0na
omg kdramas, thai dramas and mother mother ✋️✋️ (my beloveds tbh)
i also do psych (ocr)
which korean n thai dramas are your faves??

IVE GOT A few but cant think of any off of the top of my head 😅. But every year i begin my year by watching:
- strong woman
- weightlifting fairy
- what's wrong with secretary kim
- suspicious partner
- kiss in tokyo (BOTH SEASONS)
- love is phantom

ALSO A MOTHER MOTHER FAN? Idk anyone who also likes them thts so cool
Original post by skylynnvc
What kind of books do you read?? I love reading, and writing, I've read so many great books. What's your favorite genre to read?

Ive stated it b4 but i read manhwas, most genres but i love reading historical/isekai the most, ive read like nearly 200 of those.

And i love ur average books as well, any author any genre. I dont hv a preference when it comes to written books, if it piques my interest, i shall read it. Used to be a fan of jaqueline wilson and discovered her only cuz i liked the cover. I like reading poems too, sometimes gets me in my feels
Original post by M.Sturniolo.
hi im obsessed with turkish dramas...what have u watched??? im watching rn ates kuslari....and rewatching for the like 3rd or 4th time resurrection:ertugrul. i started watching osman but i gave up.
also for me im introverted in school like when im in class with no friends but ik ppl but they arent in my friend group im quiet. but if i have classes with people in my friend group im loud asf. also i do have days where i am quiet in general depending on my mood.

Same my mood will dictate if im introverted or extroverted.
I've watched a few, take it VERY lightly when i say ive watched turkish dramas since most of them have the same plot and it doesnt entice me as much as other dramas.

Ive watched Magnificent century, the whole thing, every single character they followed.
And my fave turkish drama is...
VATANIM SENSIN
Like i will watch tht 500 times if i have 2 i litch loveeeee hilal and leon
Original post by mizerable
omg i hope you’re still active but i listen to malice mizer, i love them so much 🫶 i love japanese pop and rock in general !!

yesss sameee, i love rock/metal in general. Currently obsessed with every and any slipknot song (eyeless anyone?), like its so great for studying icl.

And ooo malice mizer fan, love tht. Im not into them as much as i am w/ mother mother and stuff but some of their songs bang.
Original post by máni
ahh I love the music of swan lake!! (mainly tchaikovsky in general but especially swan lake)
I started listening to malice mizer at the end of last year, but I haven't listened to many of their songs yet
I also started watching a few animes during lockdown but I haven't watched one in agessss (blaming a levels)

Honestly a levels has caused me to lose touch w/ my hobbies. Only thing i do which even then is scarcely is read books.
I've watched a few, take it VERY lightly when i say ive watched turkish dramas since most of them have the same plot and it doesnt entice me as much as other dramas.

Ive watched Magnificent century, the whole thing, every single character they followed.
VATANIM SENSIN
Ohhh right!
Ohhhh lol!!!! Yh I don't know any of them.
Ive stated it b4 but i read manhwas, most genres but i love reading historical/isekai the most, ive read like nearly 200 of those.

And i love ur average books as well, any author any genre. I dont hv a preference when it comes to written books, if it piques my interest, i shall read it. Used to be a fan of jaqueline wilson and discovered her only cuz i liked the cover. I like reading poems too, sometimes gets me in my feels
i felt that. i read whatever catches my attention too. and getting into a book bc of the cover is so real. I'm not really that into poetry, but what are some that you like? I've had to read quite a few for school, and there were a few that i actually enjoyed.
Original post by skylynnvc
i felt that. i read whatever catches my attention too. and getting into a book bc of the cover is so real. I'm not really that into poetry, but what are some that you like? I've had to read quite a few for school, and there were a few that i actually enjoyed.

im into islamic poetry or romantic ones from those books tht compile them all. And i used to do love and rs for gcses, enjoyed those poems 2.
yesss sameee, i love rock/metal in general. Currently obsessed with every and any slipknot song (eyeless anyone?), like its so great for studying icl.
And ooo malice mizer fan, love tht. Im not into them as much as i am w/ mother mother and stuff but some of their songs bang.
malice mizer do bang 🩷 they got me into that kinda genre of music… do you have any recommendations for any artists like them?? ^__^ the louder the music the better it is for studying in my opinion!
Original post by mizerable
malice mizer do bang 🩷 they got me into that kinda genre of music… do you have any recommendations for any artists like them?? ^__^ the louder the music the better it is for studying in my opinion!

Slipknot, depeche mode, the cure (all english but similar to m.m and fall under metal/rock ig)
I saw many posts about people wanting to meet new people and befriend them here on tsr and decided I should try and find people to talk to too!
I'm up to talk to people (if u need a study buddy, a lvl mental help support, (cuz bio and chem is acc chewing my brain off), person to rant to or just someone to talk to!)
I'll say a few things ab me b4hand so if anyone or OP want to reach out, feel free to do so!
Something ab me:
-> I'm super introverted in educational settings (rn at skl- i mean it, im so introverted it took me 2 months to hang out with like only a handful of people in skl - doe i have many class friends!) but extroverted in public and event settings (weird, isn't it?)
-> I'm really straightforward and have a wack sense of humour (according to my friends, i think my humours elite)
-> I'm a fan of watching dramas (english, italian, turkish, hindi, bengali, japanese, chinese, korean, thai, the list goes on)
-> I also watch anime and have watched over 150 so far (kinda stopped since a lvls requires hella attention)
-> I have a range of music tastes, and it can go anywhere from liking classical music (my fav rn is Swan Lake) to japanese music (lamp, ichiko, malice mizer anyone?) to even english songs (melanie martinez, mother mother and the random solo artist here and there)
-> I listen to whatever catches my attention really, id love to hear some good recommendations!
^ if u recognise this from a comment section (?) I basically copy and pasted it again cuz I wanna find people who like my vibe (if ygmm)

HI!
Original post by jewelhernandez09
HI!

HIIII
HIIII

owo im f14, and have been looking for friends to! would u like to be friends? :3
Original post by jewelhernandez09
owo im f14, and have been looking for friends to! would u like to be friends? :3

Yh I would
Something ab me:

I just realised i wrote OP as if im not OP 💀
VATANIM SENSIN

Mine would have to be Kara Sevda .. the ending is just 🥲

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending