The Student Room Group

Fashion Design Portfolio

I am currently stringing together things for my portfolio. However I am really struggling as I don’t know if my work is at good standard or not. I have included different pieces of work but as some are part of my A-Level course they are incomplete. I am trying to develop another project to compliment my A-Level work but I am just unsure if it’s any good at all. I don’t know how high the standards are for portfolios as many of the universities I am looking at require a design assessment too. My A-Level research work is also very wordy and I am unsure on whether it is full and I should reduce it.
Original post by niamhnicol
I am currently stringing together things for my portfolio. However I am really struggling as I don’t know if my work is at good standard or not. I have included different pieces of work but as some are part of my A-Level course they are incomplete. I am trying to develop another project to compliment my A-Level work but I am just unsure if it’s any good at all. I don’t know how high the standards are for portfolios as many of the universities I am looking at require a design assessment too. My A-Level research work is also very wordy and I am unsure on whether it is full and I should reduce it.

I am struggling with that too, I think overall theyre looking for your development of ideas even if you include all of your a level work. When is your deadline? they have given me a deadline for December 13th even though is not even close to the UCAS deadline
Reply 2
Original post by paalallalaoma
I am struggling with that too, I think overall theyre looking for your development of ideas even if you include all of your a level work. When is your deadline? they have given me a deadline for December 13th even though is not even close to the UCAS deadline

I had two unis give me a two week deadline, however I do not want to go to either of these unis and the two I want to go to haven’t responded. What sort of things have you included? Are you making any garments to submit?
Original post by niamhnicol
I had two unis give me a two week deadline, however I do not want to go to either of these unis and the two I want to go to haven’t responded. What sort of things have you included? Are you making any garments to submit?

Yes mostly garments and photography, i think it depends on each course maybe check in your requirements. has UAL responded to you tho?

Quick Reply

Latest