The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Open Day on 1st July - why is it a MUST HAVE

How can you say that you have found a new home without actually seeing and experiencing it? Open Days are regular events here at De Montfort University so that you can see for yourself whether this is the right place for you and what we can offer! The next Open Day is fast approaching and thus, I have some must-have activities recommendations for you, along with exclusive journey discounts just for you, our visitors :u:

I will start with discounts as we all love them! Some of you might be coming from very far away or planning to explore Leicester in-depth. Therefore, DMU desires to meet the needs of all of you and provide you with a chance to come and visit us at the lowest possible cost. All discounts along with terms and conditions can be found here. 30% off National Express coach travel, 25% off East Midlands Rail, and 10% off hotel stay at Ramada Encore Leicester are available. In a nutshell, that is everything you need to plan your journey and stay.

Now, let me tell you why Open Day at DMU is a must-have event. One simple answer from my perspective is that there is no better way to find out if a university is the right one for you. There are a few factors that explain why and demonstrate its uniqueness and usefulness.

1. You can talk to the community of academics and current students

You probably have tons of questions and that is the best moment to ask them to people that know the most about your course, university and student life, living in Leicester, and so on. A small tip from me: prepare your questions on a piece of paper beforehand, you might forget half of them under the influence of emotions.

2. You can see all the amazing parts of our campus

Student ambassadors always stay in front of our great Food Village eager to give you a brilliant campus tour and share their experience. They will walk you through the most important and impressive parts of the campus.

3. You can visit student accommodations and explore available options

Apart from the Accommodation Stand where you can explore available options and get to know more about the terms and conditions of student accommodations available in Leicester, you can also go and see for yourself halls of residence that are within a short walking distance from the university. It is vital to see a place you might move to in the following year.

4. You can take a walk around our lovely city of Leicester

Transitioning into university is not only about attending a higher education institution and studying, it is also about building a life in a new place. That is why I strongly recommend taking a tour around our vibrant city centre. At the end of the day, Leicester might become your home for the next few years so it is good to know whether you like it and enjoy its lively atmosphere.

5. You can take part in taster sessions

Who is not wondering how the course is taught and how do the lectures look like? You have an incredible opportunity to attend a real lecture run by one of your course’s academics. What is more, you might meet there your future course mates.

6. You can take a faculty tour and discover professional facilities available for students

Facilities are an important part of our education as they support the development of practical knowledge and skills as well as make the course more engaging and interactive. Therefore, do have a look at what facilities are available on your course, you will be surprised by our professional and diverse equipment.

Doesn’t it all sound great? I bet yes! Therefore, open now the Open Day booking website and secure your place, so you do not miss those marvellous activities.

If you somehow are unable to attend the upcoming Open Day, you can book a personal campus tour to see the campus, facilities, accommodation, city of Leicester, and talk to the current students.

I hope you will find it helpful. Also, I hope to see you all on 1st July!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate :wink:

Take care,

Julia :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending