The Student Room Group

Running out of time to complete MSc?

Hello, can I have some advice please?
I've been studying an MSc via distance learning, it's very flexible and I've done 4 modules and now I need to do a workplace project. I had to take a little break for having a baby, and now I'm due to go on maternity leave again in February. I haven't got enough time to do my workplace project before I go on mat leave, and by the time I return to work I'm going to struggle to fit it in before the end of the 7 year period for completion. I've also lost all motivation to do it, but that's beside the point. I've already been paid the full postgraduate loan amount, what would happen if I don't complete the final bit of my MSc or if I run out of time? Would I expected to pay back the whole loan or just the bit I haven't done yet? Many thanks x
Original post by hkstone
Hello, can I have some advice please?
I've been studying an MSc via distance learning, it's very flexible and I've done 4 modules and now I need to do a workplace project. I had to take a little break for having a baby, and now I'm due to go on maternity leave again in February. I haven't got enough time to do my workplace project before I go on mat leave, and by the time I return to work I'm going to struggle to fit it in before the end of the 7 year period for completion. I've also lost all motivation to do it, but that's beside the point. I've already been paid the full postgraduate loan amount, what would happen if I don't complete the final bit of my MSc or if I run out of time? Would I expected to pay back the whole loan or just the bit I haven't done yet? Many thanks x

Hi there, would you be looking to return to the course at a later date or are you looking to withdraw? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, would you be looking to return to the course at a later date or are you looking to withdraw? Thanks, Jason

Not sure yet, what would the implications be for each option?
Original post by hkstone
Not sure yet, what would the implications be for each option?

You wouldn't need to repay any monies at the moment. If you were looking to return, for how many years would this be for? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending