The Student Room Group

Cambridge Trinity Maths Interview 2023

How many admission questions questions did you attempt on the test today before the interview? What would be the good try of the test? 6, 7 or 8?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
How many admission questions questions did you attempt on the test today before the interview? What would be the good try of the test? 6, 7 or 8?

I attempted around 8 but didn’t really have enough time to complete them really. Try doing the questions you like and the interviewers tend to ask you the ones you didn’t do. Best of luck!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Bibiblob
I attempted around 8 but didn’t really have enough time to complete them really. Try doing the questions you like and the interviewers tend to ask you the ones you didn’t do. Best of luck!

Thank you and well done of your interview.
Reply 3

Can I assume that all the interviews done now? I think the difficulty of the pre interview test is roughly same as the samples. By attempting 8 must be very exceptional. Were you asked questions outside the paper?
Reply 4
Can I assume that all the interviews done now? I think the difficulty of the pre interview test is roughly same as the samples. By attempting 8 must be very exceptional. Were you asked questions outside the paper?

I know this is late but I will reply anyways haha. I didn’t manage to get new questions because I spent a lot of time discussing my methods and thoughts * it didn’t help that I got into a debate halfway so I overran just a little bit. How did you find your interview? I hope it went well and good luck for the 24th hopefully we can both see eachother at Trinity in the next year!
Reply 5
I know this is late but I will reply anyways haha. I didn’t manage to get new questions because I spent a lot of time discussing my methods and thoughts * it didn’t help that I got into a debate halfway so I overran just a little bit. How did you find your interview? I hope it went well and good luck for the 24th hopefully we can both see eachother at Trinity in the next year!

Thank you for your reply. It's a yes for my son.
I answered 2 correctly then worked through without finishing another couple. In the interview worked completed those 2 then asked if i fancied doing some more.
Received my offer this morning.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
I answered 2 correctly then worked through without finishing another couple. In the interview worked completed those 2 then asked if i fancied doing some more.

Congratulations. My son did all the pre_interview questions and were asked quite a few new questions. I was still worried as it's random thing when applying Oxbridge. Big relief now.
Congratulations. My son did all the pre_interview questions and were asked quite a few new questions. I was still worried as it's random thing when applying Oxbridge. Big relief now.

Wow, I certainly could not have completed them all in the hour. Congratulations and good luck to him
Reply 9
Thank you for your reply. It's a yes for my son.

Congratulations to him! I also received my offer today and I am super happy! Hopefully we can get past the STEP and it should be all good
Original post by Anonymous #2

from trinity? i've been looking for other trin offerholders!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending