The Student Room Group

Waited in a taxi rank

Tonight I picked my girlfriend up from her works Christmas Do in a town I’ve never driven in before. She gave me the name of the restaurant so I found it and pulled up outside, I left my engine on and didn’t leave the car.

It was only whilst I was waiting I realised I was in a taxi rank, the markings on the road had faded and there was a sign in the distance saying no parking except taxis. I was the only car there.

What are the chances I’ll be getting a fine? There was a CCTV camera further down the road but it wasn’t pointing directly at the taxi rank.
Original post by MikePL
Tonight I picked my girlfriend up from her works Christmas Do in a town I’ve never driven in before. She gave me the name of the restaurant so I found it and pulled up outside, I left my engine on and didn’t leave the car.

It was only whilst I was waiting I realised I was in a taxi rank, the markings on the road had faded and there was a sign in the distance saying no parking except taxis. I was the only car there.

What are the chances I’ll be getting a fine? There was a CCTV camera further down the road but it wasn’t pointing directly at the taxi rank.

The chances of a fine? Slim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending