The Student Room Group

Microsoft apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by manraj_b28
I already got a star in maths cause I took it early in yr 12 and I did an epq in yr 12 and got an a star in that. I am predicted 2 A stars for further maths and physics - I'm trynna be as humble as possible but this is what I mean - my teachers are telling me I'm more academic and so uni is my full potential compared to digital technology degree which is a lower level

Yeah i understand, I'm similar to you, but I would say, I believe Oxbridge+Imperial>Top Degree apprenticeship>Kinda high unis
Original post by tanv7r
Yeah i understand, I'm similar to you, but I would say, I believe Oxbridge+Imperial>Top Degree apprenticeship>Kinda high unis

Yea but what about the pwc one cause that's top uni as well as high degree but Microsoft apprenticeship already is the job role I basically want to go into - so do I go there or pwc and get computing and spend three years and then find a job that I would ultimately already have experience in due to Microsoft
Reply 62
Yea but what about the pwc one cause that's top uni as well as high degree but Microsoft apprenticeship already is the job role I basically want to go into - so do I go there or pwc and get computing and spend three years and then find a job that I would ultimately already have experience in due to Microsoft

If I'm being honest, Microsoft is a no-brainer, im triple a star predicted but got rejected from Microsoft too, so the fact you managed to secure the offer is very impressive. Go for microsoft.
Original post by tanv7r
If I'm being honest, Microsoft is a no-brainer, im triple a star predicted but got rejected from Microsoft too, so the fact you managed to secure the offer is very impressive. Go for microsoft.

Thanks man - I'll see what happens - what are your options now if u didn't get Microsoft?
I have an interview with Microsoft soon and they said there will be a 15 minute speed networking session with assessors and other candidates, what is this and what should i expect?
Original post by notanotherone12
I have an interview with Microsoft soon and they said there will be a 15 minute speed networking session with assessors and other candidates, what is this and what should i expect?

What job at Microsoft is it for and it's nothing it's just u see all the candidates and interviewers and they just introduce themselves that's it and then u just say one sentence ab urself
What job at Microsoft is it for and it's nothing it's just u see all the candidates and interviewers and they just introduce themselves that's it and then u just say one sentence ab urself

oh nice thanks. I think its the same role you got an offer for Customer Technical Solutions. I would appreciate it if you could give me any last minute advice.
Original post by notanotherone12
oh nice thanks. I think its the same role you got an offer for Customer Technical Solutions. I would appreciate it if you could give me any last minute advice.

just know all the usual things like core values and ur strengths and examples to back up like any other interview and you will be fine. I'm not going to tell you anything else because it would be unfair but genuinely just relax cause the interviewers are chill - just make sure u know the company and your role and show character - same as any other interview. Do you have any advice for my situation??
just know all the usual things like core values and ur strengths and examples to back up like any other interview and you will be fine. I'm not going to tell you anything else because it would be unfair but genuinely just relax cause the interviewers are chill - just make sure u know the company and your role and show character - same as any other interview. Do you have any advice for my situation??

Thanks for the advice! If I were you I would probably take Microsoft especially with how the job market is going and how much more competition there will be when applying later on. But I’m not sure how much more favourable a CS degree is compared to DTS so if you think it’s significant then I don’t think there’s any harm in doing PWC first if you’re confident that you can get into a firm like Microsoft later on.
Reply 69
Anyone heard anything from Microsoft (London) after final interview?
Reply 70
Hi I got in to the customer technical solutions one and I'm doing my eligibility test around the 24th. I was wondering whether you guys are regretting your decision. Cause obviously its Microsoft so it's big but its at the university of Staffordshire and compared to a computer sceince degree the digital technology degree isnt as respected. I actually have a pwc offer potentially where I go to Birmingham uni and do PWC internships in a degree apprenticeship fashion and I get a comp sci degree out of it - but I dont really wanna go uni but this pathway gives me more stability - but I want to go into solution architecture, so the Microsoft one aligns with that goal but then less stability due to my educational background - what do you guys think and do you know anyone who is already a Microsoft apprentice who we could talk to??

Hi, do you know what's included in the eligibility test?
Original post by JulT

It's not anything serious - I've practically got the place I'm just doing a test w the apprenticeship provider and it's just to assess where I'm at academically - it's just an interview and like on the level of a maths and English GCSE I think basically so Im just doing 2 tests and an interview
Original post by JulT

I went on a call and asked them
Reply 73
It's not anything serious - I've practically got the place I'm just doing a test w the apprenticeship provider and it's just to assess where I'm at academically - it's just an interview and like on the level of a maths and English GCSE I think basically so Im just doing 2 tests and an interview

just got an offer as well, need to pass this test too, don't know the date though yet. Have you got your offer by phone (I did, just hoping they will do it by email as well). Trying to search what this test is about, nothing come up strangely
Original post by JulT

just got an offer as well, need to pass this test too, don't know the date though yet. Have you got your offer by phone (I did, just hoping they will do it by email as well). Trying to search what this test is about, nothing come up strangely

They said it's nothing to worry ab - it's just a simple test we've already got the job - Microsoft have cleared the space for us it's just we have to deal w the apprenticeship provider now - the guy said the eligibility test is nothing to worry ab it's just to assess where we are right now academically

hi, im in the same position as you. do you wanna create a gc for all the people with conditonal offers to help each other out?
Original post by JulT

i emailed their recuritment and they said they will give more information in due course. microsoft need to send the univeristy/provider information about the candidates first
Original post by molovestolearn

i emailed their recuritment and they said they will give more information in due course. microsoft need to send the univeristy/provider information about the candidates first

When is yours mine is on Thursday
Original post by molovestolearn

hi, im in the same position as you. do you wanna create a gc for all the people with conditonal offers to help each other out?

Idm but I think we should just do it on here cause there's only a few of us
When is yours mine is on Thursday

when is my tde assesment? they haven't given me a date yet - i only passed the assessment centre this week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending