The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

UCL VS LSE employability

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aloexo
law though i’m not too optimistic. But they must have really liked you to reply this early, congrats on the offer!

Yh just waiting on oxford- thought i done quite well in the interview but who knows 🤝😂

gl to u though
(edited 4 months ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by basi90
Yh just waiting on oxford- thought i done quite well in the interview but who knows 🤝😂

gl to u though

Congratulations ! Did you hear from Lse today?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous #3
Congratulations ! Did you hear from Lse today?

yh . wbu what u applied for and which unis
Original post by basi90
yh . wbu what u applied for and which unis

You should post on the main thread as you seem to be the first anyone’s heard of😊. Applied to Cambridge and Lse so far.
Original post by Anonymous #3

You should post on the main thread as you seem to be the first anyone’s heard of😊. Applied to Cambridge and Lse so far.

fr they must actually be the first one this year
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous #4
fr they must actually be the first one this year

funnily enough i didn’t even write my ps. My dad came in clutch and wrote it for me. W dad
Original post by basi90

funnily enough i didn’t even write my ps. My dad came in clutch and wrote it for me. W dad

that’s a little of a weird flex but okay
Original post by Anonymous #4
that’s a little of a weird flex but okay

hate the game not the player
Original post by basi90
I have an offer from UCL and LSE for PPE. Should i meet the grades, i honestly do not know which to pick from. Many people tell me LSE is better in graduate prospects and employability, but also heard UCL is better in that sense. I’m looking to get into law / IBD , so which one is better in that regard.

LSE is >>>>

UCL is not very far behind but anyone who says UCL is > has no clue.

On the other hand, UCL is a more "fun" uni so its worth thinking about too
Original post by Zürich
LSE is >>>>

well i mean ur profile shows u study at lse, so you more likely then not you’re biased. To say Ucl>lse is dumb also means that to say lse>ucl is also dumb because the difference between them is negligible. No employer is going to actively choose lse over ucl and vice versa it’s your work experience, extra curriculars that are now dependent on whether the employer favours you over the lse/ucl student
Original post by Zürich
LSE is >>>>

you go to lse based of your profile so you are most likely than not biased. To say lse>ucl is also dumb because the difference between them is negligible. No employer is going to actively choose lse over ucl or vice versa . Up until that point your work experience , extra curricular, predicted grades depend on whether the employer actually favours you.
Original post by Anonymous #2

hate the game not the player

It’s just a little silly in my opinion. I understand using all resources you can and have people check your PS. But your dad writing it is a bit ridiculous, reminds me of those kids in primary school whose mums did all of the arts projects.
There is no discernible difference between the two and picking one over the other isn't going to make any meaningful difference in regards to job prospects. I would personally go for UCL as it's known for being more pleasant whereas LSE has a bit of a reputation for being quite toxic and more competitive in an unhealthy sense.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by thegeek888
For Law, LSE is slightly better than UCL. 🙂

But OP isn't applying for the law course, they've got offers for PPE.
Are we sure OP’s being honest? There’s been offers from LSE for this application cycle???
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
But OP isn't applying for the law course, they've got offers for PPE.

The OP wants to enter the Law profession when they graduate.
The OP wants to enter the Law profession when they graduate.

So..? You don't need to study law at undergrad to enter the profession later.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Are we sure OP’s being honest? There’s been offers from LSE for this application cycle???

fr the fact that they already got both offers is a little fishy but i imagine it’s possible that lse released some small batch of offers as it’s mid december already
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
So..? You don't need to study law at undergrad to enter the profession later.

You obviously did not read the OP's posts?! 😧 Because the OP might go into Law when he graduates, so LSE is better reputation wise. 🙂
You obviously did not read the OP's posts?! 😧 Because the OP might go into Law when he graduates, so LSE is better reputation wise. 🙂

Lmao ucl vs lse is like comparing cambrige to oxford. Literally 0 difference between them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending