The Student Room Group

Legal Solicitor/paralegal apprenticeship CV help???

Hey guys, I am not satisfied with my current CV for applying for an apprenticeship as I don't know how to integrate info about the specific law firms I am applying for or how the proper structure should be. Can anyone who got into an apprenticeship go over my CV for me and give some tips, I don't mind if it's critical and I actually encourage the feedback to be critical so I can know! Also, any tips on how to answer questions in applications would be great! Thank you so much I would really really appreciate it.
Reply 1
Original post by Jav111
Hey guys, I am not satisfied with my current CV for applying for an apprenticeship as I don't know how to integrate info about the specific law firms I am applying for or how the proper structure should be. Can anyone who got into an apprenticeship go over my CV for me and give some tips, I don't mind if it's critical and I actually encourage the feedback to be critical so I can know! Also, any tips on how to answer questions in applications would be great! Thank you so much I would really really appreciate it.

Your cv, application, and cover letter, should clearly represent how that specific apprenticeship is the next natural step in your career/education.

Here’s where you can apply this:

Bio/intro

Who you are, what sets you apart, and what you want to do.

Key achievements

What you’re proud of (a continuation of what sets you apart)

Key Skills

How you obtained your achievements

Should link to what you suspect the employer wants (or what is specified in the job description)

Should also link back to achievements where able.

Work experience / volunteering
In addition to employer, duration, and role, include

Brief description of role and responsibilities

Project or achievement highlight (if not repeated elsewhere)

Should be able to associate achievements specified elsewhere to this specific entry.

Education

Keep this factual, unless you have done a project or topic specifically related to what you’re applying for.

Education is fairly generic on CVs, it’s not unique unless you’ve done extra curricular or unique project work.

Hobbies / clubs / volunteering

Often overlooked, but yes, employers care about this when it’s written well…

Show you’re a human who can proactively pursue their interests and passions.

Demonstrate transferable skills like team work, planning, and organisation etc.,

Hope this helps.
If you need some help understanding your strengths (what makes you stand out) beyond academia, I’d suggest taking the 16personalities quiz online (it’s free for basic reports).
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
Your cv, application, and cover letter, should clearly represent how that specific apprenticeship is the next natural step in your career/education.

Here’s where you can apply this:

Bio/intro

Who you are, what sets you apart, and what you want to do.

Key achievements

What you’re proud of (a continuation of what sets you apart)

Key Skills

How you obtained your achievements

Should link to what you suspect the employer wants (or what is specified in the job description)

Should also link back to achievements where able.

Work experience / volunteering
In addition to employer, duration, and role, include

Brief description of role and responsibilities

Project or achievement highlight (if not repeated elsewhere)

Should be able to associate achievements specified elsewhere to this specific entry.

Education

Keep this factual, unless you have done a project or topic specifically related to what you’re applying for.

Education is fairly generic on CVs, it’s not unique unless you’ve done extra curricular or unique project work.

Hobbies / clubs / volunteering

Often overlooked, but yes, employers care about this when it’s written well…

Show you’re a human who can proactively pursue their interests and passions.

Demonstrate transferable skills like team work, planning, and organisation etc.,

Hope this helps.
If you need some help understanding your strengths (what makes you stand out) beyond academia, I’d suggest taking the 16personalities quiz online (it’s free for basic reports).

Omg this is SO SO HELPFUL THANK YOU!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending