The Student Room Group

Change of career

I did beauty in college a few years ago now - Level 2&3 with both merits and now I've been looking at becoming a pharmacist..

These are the requirements:
AAB including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics at A Level and excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A Levels we require a pass in the practical element. Mathematics and English Language both required at GCSE, minimum grade C or 4, if not offered at A or AS Level. Offers are made subject to satisfying fitness to practise conditions.

I have my GCSEs including science but no A levels because I did beauty therapy.. Do I still have a chance, if not what are my options?
Reply 1
No chance at all since you clearly don't meet the entry requirements.

Look at a one year Science based Access to HE course - Access to Higher Education (accesstohe.ac.uk)
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
No chance at all since you clearly don't meet the entry requirements.

Look at a one year Science based Access to HE course - Access to Higher Education (accesstohe.ac.uk)

I thought maybe it was possible since beauty has an A&P side to it but I wasn't sure. Thank you for the link though because I literally have no clue and I don't particularly want to go to college again. Have a lovely Christmas!
Reply 3
You need hefty academic Chemistry, particularly Organic Chemistry, knowledge for Pharmacy - A level standard, not 'I did a bit about how the skin functions'' in a vocational BTEC.
Reply 4
You sound like you come into the mature student category. As OP has mentioned you can do an access to he course in science, you also have to the option of a foundation year at university which many mature students choose as an option. Access to He can be done in college but also it can be done online if you can commit to it. Good luck with whatever path you decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending