The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Official Exeter Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

just firmed exeter for english and french!!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I have one for civil as well !!
Original post by MP_25
haha was gonna ask the same thing, have you also got an engineering offer? i have one for civil eng :smile:
Reply 142
Original post by Zipzap1
I have one for civil as well !!

ooh nice, might see u there in sept :biggrin:
Original post by MP_25
ooh nice, might see u there in sept :biggrin:
Are you putting Exeter as your firm??
Original post by Viafrancis
That’s my exact course as well!! Are you thinking of firming because then i may see u there :smile:
Yes definitely! I’m going to an offer holder day next weekend so I really hope I like it. Maybe see you next year :smile:
Just a quick question (am a parent). When the accommodation opens on the 8th April I think it is - is that first come first served? My son hasn't heard back from all his unis yet - he really likes Exeter and is prepared to firm up his offer without waiting for all his replies. As a parent who wants him to have all the options available I would rather he waited. Is anyone able to advise how the accommodation allocation works? thanks
Original post by Anonymous #19
Just a quick question (am a parent). When the accommodation opens on the 8th April I think it is - is that first come first served? My son hasn't heard back from all his unis yet - he really likes Exeter and is prepared to firm up his offer without waiting for all his replies. As a parent who wants him to have all the options available I would rather he waited. Is anyone able to advise how the accommodation allocation works? thanks
I’m sure someone will have the exact detail but I did look this up over the weekend and it seems that they do make offers on a rolling basis but not first come first served. They said applicants should get an offer of accommodation within 4 weeks of applying.
Reply 148
Original post by Cicero4325
I’m sure someone will have the exact detail but I did look this up over the weekend and it seems that they do make offers on a rolling basis but not first come first served. They said applicants should get an offer of accommodation within 4 weeks of applying.
That appears to only be the case for those with unconditional offers, ie with results in hand. Others for first years with conditional offers seem to be randomly allocated after results day and offers become unconditional.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by _min_
hi guys! got an offer for physics with astrophysics mphys. does anyone know of any offer holder GCs? im pretty much decided on firming exeter and since im a really anxious person i wanted to try to make some friends ahead of time haha
My daughter found that these made her anxious, I honestly don't think any lasting friendships will be made there.

I don't think any point in having these and joining until after accomodation allocated and hoping for that group. Which although people have preferences now, that will beat little resemblance to where they end up, so seeing chats for each had at this point I thought was ridiculous and may lead to disappointment.

Don't worry, you'll find friends when you get there! You can't know from these chats who are your kind of people. You will join societies, live with people and have people on your course. I think you are probably making yourself more anxious by telling to meet people now when really it is not possible and lots may not even end up in Exeter!

Ps daughter is physics too. What made you choose Exeter over other offers? She is stumped as to where to pick!
Reply 150
Original post by Anonymous #20
My daughter found that these made her anxious, I honestly don't think any lasting friendships will be made there.
I don't think any point in having these and joining until after accomodation allocated and hoping for that group. Which although people have preferences now, that will beat little resemblance to where they end up, so seeing chats for each had at this point I thought was ridiculous and may lead to disappointment.
Don't worry, you'll find friends when you get there! You can't know from these chats who are your kind of people. You will join societies, live with people and have people on your course. I think you are probably making yourself more anxious by telling to meet people now when really it is not possible and lots may not even end up in Exeter!
Ps daughter is physics too. What made you choose Exeter over other offers? She is stumped as to where to pick!
I chose Exeter because it has all of the parts I like about cities (tons of shops, lots to do, easily walkable, public transport etc) while simultaneously not being a City city- it's not overly busy, has lots of green and open spaces and doesn't feel overcrowded or overwhelming like say London. It's also just a really good university rankings wise and the physics with astrophysics course was exactly what I was looking for in terms of modules- some courses have hardly any astro, Exeter's is a nice balance between maths physics and astro. Their physics building is quite impressive too and has elevators in it which I find exciting for some reason, I'm not sure why haha.
WARNING!!!! - OFFER HOLDERS PLEASE READ

Uni of Exeter student discriminated against for not having the same wealth as the overwhelming majority of elite wealthy student’s who attend. They were singled out and bullied for not fitting in with the 80% of elite wealthy students which go there. Please Read the Student Room review below:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7380160

—————————————————————————
“I was made to feel excluded by students simply because I do not speak poshly nor dress preppy nor go on ski holidays.” - Upper Middle Class student.

Students at Exeter only value status, popularity, wealth, extreme confidence and looks.

My confidence as an individual has taken a hit whilst being there - State school educated student

I see it's not changed much since I was there. - Uni of Exeter Alumni

Exeter seems to appear like a university which has a student population of over 80% going to a private school and who come from families of extreme wealth. I have heard reports that the average student allowance (provided by parents) is £2K a month on top of accommodation and food paid for. This £2K a month is simply for students to spend on alcohol, ski trips and going away with friends. These students look down on working class/middle class peers. If you are state educated, or privately educated with a family income under £100K please consider this review as the majority of Uni of Exeter students will bully you for not going to elite private schools or having the same elite wealth as them.
Original post by Anom112
Uni of Exeter student discriminated against for not having the same wealth as the overwhelming majority of elite wealthy student’s who attend. They were singled out and bullied for not fitting in with the 80% of elite wealthy students which go there. Please Read the Student Room review below:
“I was made to feel excluded by students simply because I do not speak poshly nor dress preppy nor go on ski holidays.” - Upper Middle Class student.
Students at Exeter only value status, popularity, wealth, extreme confidence and looks.
My confidence as an individual has taken a hit whilst being there - State school educated student
Exeter seems to appear like a university which has a student population of over 80% going to a private school and who come from families of extreme wealth. I have heard reports that the average student allowance (provided by parents) is £2K a month on top of accommodation and food paid for. This £2K a month is simply for students to spend on alcohol, ski trips and going away with friends. These students look down on working class/middle class peers. If you are state educated, or privately educated with a family income under £100K please consider this review as the majority of Uni of Exeter students will bully you for not going to elite private schools or having the same elite wealth as them.
Not trying to stir anything up (although I defo am) or argue that this isn’t true but just a quick fact check - most sources (including the Telegraph in 2022) say the percentage of private school kids is 35% not the 80% stated here and according to the tab the average allowance from parents in Exeter is £450 not 2k. Don’t get me wrong, this is still massive compared to the rest of the country, and there’s defo cultural issues in Exeter, but not as much I personally don’t think as the person above says.
Reply 153
Original post by Anom112

yeah this is overdramatic. all RG unis have a higher proportion of private school students but like every other place with a large number of people, you can find others like you. if your experience at Exeter is 100% like this, no nice people at all, then maybe reconsider the people and the places you go to for potential friends. join societies, join the 93% club society (society made for those who went to state schools) or speak to more people on your course, idk. the more you discourage state school students from applying/accepting their offer to Exeter, the worse this problem will get.
Do medical students have to pick accommodation with a 43week length contract or can I pick any accommodation?
Original post by elliegovv
just firmed exeter for english and french!!

Wow congrats! What were your other choices if I may ask?
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @ExeterStudentRep for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!!
Click here to join other university offer holder threads!

Hi, I am from Bristol and have an offer (accepted as firm) for Drama and Film/TV Studies. Did anyone go to the offer holders day last Sat?
I wonder if someone from Exeter uni can help here - I'm due to start in Sept 2024 and looking now to apply for accommodation - I like East Park, but want to know how the bathrooms are situated in the standard room option. I know they are one between two, but are they situated between the rooms or at the end of the corridor? Are the common areas the same as in the ensuite flats - kitchen/ sitting area... Have looked for youtube videos on this but not found any with standard (shared) room tours... Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Anyone doing Bsc finance - got an offer in feb.
Original post by Anonymous #19

Hi, I'm currently a first year at Exeter so I'd assume accommodation is working the same this year.
Luckily it's not first come first served. You'll be able to submit a ranking of your top four accommodations. Accommodation is allocated after results day where they'll try to give one of your top choices.
You might see some people saying they've had accommodations confirmed but that will only be people with unconditional offers.
So don't worry too much about rushing to firm Exeter, you should have plenty of time to sort out accommodation and won't be missing out on the more popular ones :smile:
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending