The Student Room Group

ed + personal statement

hi i'm asking for advice on rewriting my personal statement. i'm 19 and was meant to go to uni this year but had to defer it as i was inpatient for my eating disorder which i got diagnosed with during a-level exams. i'm reapplying now and was wondering whether it would be worth mentioning my ed in my personal statement? maybe to explain why i am on a gap year? or as well it has made me want to apply for a slightly different course due to finding new hobbies and interests during this time
Original post by ruby_ee
hi i'm asking for advice on rewriting my personal statement. i'm 19 and was meant to go to uni this year but had to defer it as i was inpatient for my eating disorder which i got diagnosed with during a-level exams. i'm reapplying now and was wondering whether it would be worth mentioning my ed in my personal statement? maybe to explain why i am on a gap year? or as well it has made me want to apply for a slightly different course due to finding new hobbies and interests during this time

I probably wouldn't as it is more of a thing for extenuating circumstances. I would mention that your interests and hobbies have changed, but again I wouldn't mention your eating disorder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending