The Student Room Group

Normal body count

Scroll to see replies

3 is literally 0
Original post by Anonymous #7
3 bodies at 16 is very high, very weird. Sign of our degenerate society. Regardless of whether you are male or female.

My point exactly! The fact that these people on here think 3 bodies at 16 years old is normal and completely fine just tells how messed up society has become. These young people are now looking at all these celebrities online sexualising themselves and think that's female empowerment. Honestly, its just very disgusting and tells the level of deterioration of morals and values.
Original post by Anonymous
My point exactly! The fact that these people on here think 3 bodies at 16 years old is normal and completely fine just tells how messed up society has become. These young people are now looking at all these celebrities online sexualising themselves and think that's female empowerment. Honestly, its just very disgusting and tells the level of deterioration of morals and values.

Help me with this. You say that this a sign of how 'messed up' society has become, that this is 'disgusting' and shows the 'level of deterioration of morals and values'. You haven't explained why. What exactly is wrong with someone of legal age having consensual sex with whoever they want to? Would it make a difference if she'd had sex three times with the same person? If so, why?

I ask these questions because you've also referred to the OP giving herself away 'too easily'. Language like that speaks to the 'purity' or 'virtue' of girls and women. That if they have sex with too many people or do so 'too easily', it reduces their value in some way. And all of that is steeped in misogyny. Of course advising someone not to give themselves up 'too easily' can also be a warning to make sure that they are truly happy to have sex with someone before they do, but people who mean it in that way don't tend to talk about the deterioration of morals in society. So I've keen for you to explain to me how this view you have taken of the sexual activity of a sixteen year old is different, because at the moment I can't see that you've actually sought to provide reasons for any of this.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Help me with this. You say that this a sign of how 'messed up' society has become, that this is 'disgusting' and shows the 'level of deterioration of morals and values'. You haven't explained why. What exactly is wrong with someone of legal age having consensual sex with whoever they want to? Would it make a difference if she'd had sex three times with the same person? If so, why?
I ask these questions because you've also referred to the OP giving herself away 'too easily'. Language like that speaks to the 'purity' or 'virtue' of girls and women. That if they have sex with too many people or do so 'too easily', it reduces their value in some way. And all of that is steeped in misogyny. Of course advising someone not to give themselves up 'too easily' can also be a warning to make sure that they are truly happy to have sex with someone before they do, but people who mean it in that way don't tend to talk about the deterioration of morals in society. So I've keen for you to explain to me how this view you have taken of the sexual activity of a sixteen year old is different, because at the moment I can't see that you've actually sought to provide reasons for any of this.

Not him, but casual sexual relationships are damaging for both men and women. It desensitises people to sex, gives more difficulty forming stronger bonds with significant others in the future. This is backed up by research, men and women with higher body counts before their marriage have very significantly less successful marriages
Not him, but casual sexual relationships are damaging for both men and women. It desensitises people to sex, gives more difficulty forming stronger bonds with significant others in the future. This is backed up by research, men and women with higher body counts before their marriage have very significantly less successful marriages

I think you're mixing up research here. There is actually plenty of research that says that casual sex is good for people. Sex generally certainly is. At the very worst the research is inconclusive. Stating that casual sex is damaging is simply not born out by the evidence. Equally, the body count and marriage research you're referencing is probably the one from the Institute for Family Studies, an American organisation that very much advances, shall we say, right of centre perspectives on marriage, family life and gender roles. It measured "happiness" rather than "success". One expects if they could have tied that to divorce rates they would have, but they seemingly couldn't.

However, even if you think the IFS is an extremely reliable source, you have two additional problems with that research. The first is that even on their own account, the difference is "modest", not significant. It's less than a 10% difference between having one previous partner and having more than 20 for women, and actually those who women who had more than 20 were statistically more happy than those who had had 4 or 6. The second problem is correlation versus causation, namely that even to the extent that you rely on the causation, nothing in the research tries to ascertain that higher body count is the reason for the decreasing happiness. And all of that is before we get into other issues with how the data is collated.

If you can point me towards other research I'd be more than happy to have a look at it. But from the research I've seen, I don't think the data backs up your position.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
Is 3 a high body count for a 16 year old girl?
Would that make me more unattractive to potential boyfriends?
Im 18 turning 19 in 2 months and have a body count of 0..
I think you're mixing up research here. There is actually plenty of research that says that casual sex is good for people. Sex generally certainly is. At the very worst the research is inconclusive. Stating that casual sex is damaging is simply not born out by the evidence. Equally, the body count and marriage research you're referencing is probably the one from the Institute for Family Studies, an American organisation that very much advances, shall we say, right of centre perspectives on marriage, family life and gender roles. It measured "happiness" rather than "success". One expects if they could have tied that to divorce rates they would have, but they seemingly couldn't.
However, even if you think the IFS is an extremely reliable source, you have two additional problems with that research. The first is that even on their own account, the difference is "modest", not significant. It's less than a 10% difference between having one previous partner and having more than 20 for women, and actually those who women who had more than 20 were statistically more happy than those who had had 4 or 6. The second problem is correlation versus causation, namely that even to the extent that you rely on the causation, nothing in the research tries to ascertain that higher body count is the reason for the decreasing happiness. And all of that is before we get into other issues with how the data is collated.
If you can point me towards other research I'd be more than happy to have a look at it. But from the research I've seen, I don't think the data backs up your position.

Wow that's mad... imagine someone saying 'casual sex is good for people'. Please stop being a clown and wake up.
ignore these lot, theyre just weirdos that never get some.
three is not a high number
ik people who were way worse at your age. EVEN if you were like them, it doesnt matter as long as youre safe w it and it was consensual. Ignore anyone who says its a bad thing. not saying its a good thing either. its normal. just ' a thing'
Original post by Anonymous #2

well it’s 5 now 😌
Original post by Anonymous #1
well it’s 5 now 😌

A monthly occurrence?
Original post by ageshallnot
A monthly occurrence?

practically 😭 was within a week tho
Wow that's mad... imagine someone saying 'casual sex is good for people'. Please stop being a clown and wake up.

I didn't say it was good for people. I said there is research that says it is. Obviously mileage will vary. And as much as I appreciate how difficult it is to come up against someone who is using actual reason and research when you're just trying to spend some free time anonymously shaming teenagers on the internet, there's no reason not to remain civil.
I didn't say it was good for people. I said there is research that says it is. Obviously mileage will vary. And as much as I appreciate how difficult it is to come up against someone who is using actual reason and research when you're just trying to spend some free time anonymously shaming teenagers on the internet, there's no reason not to remain civil.

I wouldn't say 'shaming', but rather simply expressing my views. Why? Is it forbidden to express your views on a topic now?
If you want to call it 'anonymously shaming teenagers on the internet', well then I suppose you're too sensitive and need to get used to the fact that people have different opinions, that's all.
I wouldn't say 'shaming', but rather simply expressing my views. Why? Is it forbidden to express your views on a topic now?
If you want to call it 'anonymously shaming teenagers on the internet', well then I suppose you're too sensitive and need to get used to the fact that people have different opinions, that's all.

As impressive as it is that you've responded to someone by calling them a clown and then accused them of being too sensitive in your very next post, history has long since taught me that there's nothing to be gained from engaging with people who just resort to the "I am only expressing views" and "you're too sensitive" lines on the internet. If you want to have a proper, adult discussion about this then you know where I am, but otherwise I'll be spending my time on more productive things.
As impressive as it is that you've responded to someone by calling them a clown and then accused them of being too sensitive in your very next post, history has long since taught me that there's nothing to be gained from engaging with people who just resort to the "I am only expressing views" and "you're too sensitive" lines on the internet. If you want to have a proper, adult discussion about this then you know where I am, but otherwise I'll be spending my time on more productive things.

The fact that you keep coming back here to reply to me tells how offended you are that someone else has a different view than you, otherwise you would just leave it and move on to your 'more productive things'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending