The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I am :biggrin:
Received my letter this morning.
hey people ill c u then...=D
Reply 3
Any idea in what they will ask??
Hmm, well I know theres the essay. Most topics have been on either 'Obesity and Diabetes' or 'Primary school children learning about the effects of alcohol'. Then theres that leaflet with the BNF drug 'bible'. Questions, the usual. Why pharmacy/Manchester? 5 drugs you know, the effects, how they are taken. What skills a pharmacist should have. I don't know any else. The other threads good for questions.

See you all there :smile:
Reply 5
I had my interview today..
just got asked stuff like: what do you know about cardiovascular disease, what are your strengths/weaknesses, how would you deal with an angry customer, what are the different ways of administering drugs and stuff about work experience..
and my essay was on 'think of a time when you and someone else had a disagreement, how did you come to a compromise?'
They said that it was more to look at sentence structure instead of content.
Hope it helps a bit :smile:
Reply 6
megamog
I had my interview today..
just got asked stuff like: what do you know about cardiovascular disease, what are your strengths/weaknesses, how would you deal with an angry customer, what are the different ways of administering drugs and stuff about work experience..
and my essay was on 'think of a time when you and someone else had a disagreement, how did you come to a compromise?'
They said that it was more to look at sentence structure instead of content.
Hope it helps a bit :smile:

Sounds scary :O :stomp:
Lulu*et*Moi
Yeah, I am :biggrin:
Received my letter this morning.

heyy lulu have you heard anything from kings because they have started giving out offers and interviews :s-smilie:
InDiAn GuNnEr
heyy lulu have you heard anything from kings because they have started giving out offers and interviews :s-smilie:

No I havent. I only sent my application off just under 2 weeks ago so it may be a while until I hear. When did you send yours off and where have you heard from? :smile:
InDiAn GuNnEr

Actually I've just got my acknowledgement through the post.
oh okk...yh i got the acknowledge for it as well throught the post only a couple days ago because i sent my ucas off quite recentely...well ive got interviews at nottingham and manchester but havent had any acknowledgements from either Aston or LSOP :frown:
Dont worry, Manchester and Nottingham get back quicker than the other unis. I know a few people who got an offer from Aston a month after they applied and theyre only starting to dish out interviews for LSOP to people who applied a month ago too. Im sure you'll be fine :smile: Whats your 5th choice?

I sent my ucas off 2 weeks ago and Ive got an interview with manchester.
heyy everyone!!! i got my interview on the 10th and im soo scared!! its my first interview!! thanks for all the feedback from previous interviews!! il see some of you there x
Oooh im from Birmingham too, see you there :smile:
Reply 14
Im nervous, its 00:41am and I'm up revising for a chemistry mock and an Interview!

Haven't even started looking at the interview! :woo:

Hope you guys are all ready!

Good luck for wednesday!
Reply 15
I had my interview on the 3rd and i checked track last night at around 11 pm, i have got an offer YAAAY I have also done MAP so the offer is quite low, glad i did it now even tho it was a lot of work. Good luck to every one

Conditions of offer
This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry
and Grade B - Biology
and Grade C - English Literature

Guys btw dont rely on ur email, keep checking track because they dont send a notification email saying there has been a change on track till the next day or something.

Also people awaiting an interview, do some research on cardio vascular disease, saturated/unsaturated fats difference between them (bonds), which is easier to break and why (Unsaturated easier to break due to carbon carbon double bonds, higher electron density around the double bond thus its easier to attack), what attacks and breaks it? ( lipase enzyme). Also how medicines are taken? (intravenously, subcutaneously etc) and why are the advantages of each different method ( slow pased effect, fast paced effect). Name 3 medicine and there uses. Tell me about your strenghts and weaknesses. He also asked me why insulin is not taken intravenously (because it is going directly into the blood stream, and is too fast thus might drop the blood sugar level dangerously low), how is it taken and why (subcutaneously to create a slow absorbtion effect, thus mimicing the bodies own insulin release system to maintain the blood sugar level), why cant it be taken orally (protease enzymes will destroy it as it is a protein). Mine was quite a long interview, i went in last so i guess he didnt stick to the 15 mins allocated mine went on for 25 mins but it was very positive he even went on to say that he had enjoyed interviewing me and i thanked him for his time and left. So guys best tip is just to relax and smile, do your research and its gonna be fine. Good Luck :smile:
Wow thank you. Gosh thats a mouthful!
Hope it goes well for everyone!!
Reply 17
Is the eassy they give you to do taken in exam conditions?
Reply 18
CupidzArrow
Is the eassy they give you to do taken in exam conditions?

Nope. :smile:
Reply 19
Just got home from the 4.5 hours of driving :shifty:

I really screwed up my essay and leaflet..

But my interview went ok because of this site! :yep:

Hope everyone else found it good

Latest

Trending

Trending