The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

gcses for Durham PLS HELP !!!!

Hii, So I am planning on applying to Durham this year, I have sent off my application to my school but it has not been sent off to the universities yet. I have good predicted grades at A*AA + EPQ. But my GCSEs are not the best they are 777766665, I do believe that my personal statement is strong with volunteer work, Stanford course, and being head girl and I believe does show my passion for the subject and my course is not too competitive but do you think I even stand a chance with these grades as I know Durham is competitive, should I switch Durham for different uni before it gets sent off or just try my luck? I need someone to be realistic with me, thank u!!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hii, So I am planning on applying to Durham this year, I have sent off my application to my school but it has not been sent off to the universities yet. I have good predicted grades at A*AA + EPQ. But my GCSEs are not the best they are 777766665, I do believe that my personal statement is strong with volunteer work, Stanford course, and being head girl and I believe does show my passion for the subject and my course is not too competitive but do you think I even stand a chance with these grades as I know Durham is competitive, should I switch Durham for different uni before it gets sent off or just try my luck? I need someone to be realistic with me, thank u!!!!

Not every course at Durham is super-competitive; for which course will you be applying?

GCSEs grades are relatively unimportant, when compared with predicted A level grades. The important GCSE grades are English Language, Maths, and anything directly related to your subject choice. How are your GCSE grades for those subjects?

Where else are you applying? If Durham is your one "aspirational" choice, then that's fine. If every other option is extremely competitive too, then you might want to reconsider.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Not every course at Durham is super-competitive; for which course will you be applying?

GCSEs grades are relatively unimportant, when compared with predicted A level grades. The important GCSE grades are English Language, Maths, and anything directly related to your subject choice. How are your GCSE grades for those subjects?

Where else are you applying? If Durham is your one "aspirational" choice, then that's fine. If every other option is extremely competitive too, then you might want to reconsider.

I am applying for BA Geography, and my gcses for english lang - 7, geography - 7 and maths - 5 and Durham is my only aspirational choice the rest have lower entry reqs at AAB-ABB when my predicted is A*AA.
Original post by Loliara
I am applying for BA Geography, and my gcses for english lang - 7, geography - 7 and maths - 5 and Durham is my only aspirational choice the rest have lower entry reqs at AAB-ABB when my predicted is A*AA.

Then I think you should absolutely go for it! :smile:

Good luck. :crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest