The Student Room Group

Uni Applications - Is it too late?

Is it too late as of early January to deep dive into different university options & possibly apply to new places for 2024 if I've already accepted a place in a Uni for 2024?
You can only change universities within 14 days of ucas receiving your application. You can ask any university that you applied to whether you can change course.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
You can only change universities within 14 days of ucas receiving your application. You can ask any university that you applied to whether you can change course.

If this the case when I deferred? I probably should've mentioned I'm currently on a gap year and applied for a deferred place in 2022, for 2024. I had a lot of time to think about my choices & work and I think I want to go to a bigger city. Any way around this?
Original post by clemency_
If this the case when I deferred? I probably should've mentioned I'm currently on a gap year and applied for a deferred place in 2022, for 2024. I had a lot of time to think about my choices & work and I think I want to go to a bigger city. Any way around this?

If you are holding a deferred offer via UCAS then you would need to ask that uni to release you from it before you can apply again.

Whether you have time to research options and get an app together is really up to you. You've still got just under 4 weeks.
Original post by clemency_

Yes - you can't have your cake and eat it too. It would be unfair on other applicants and also otherwise probably create issues where everyone keeps reapplying while deferring places and hanging onto their space, which is bad both for applicants and unis.

The only way you can apply is by releasing your currently held offer.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Yes - you can't have your cake and eat it too. It would be unfair on other applicants and also otherwise probably create issues where everyone keeps reapplying while deferring places and hanging onto their space, which is bad both for applicants and unis.

The only way you can apply is by releasing your currently held offer.

That makes sense -- thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending