The Student Room Group

UCAS application financing help

I recently sent off my UCAS application and chose private finance as the financing option but I've decided I would be better off with a student loan. If the finance option on the application just for data reasons or is it important to find out how to change it and do that?
Original post by dadams1
I recently sent off my UCAS application and chose private finance as the financing option but I've decided I would be better off with a student loan. If the finance option on the application just for data reasons or is it important to find out how to change it and do that?

Hi there,

You would need to contact UCAS regarding this query, as we can only comment on our own Student Finance applications.

Thanks,
Claire
UCAS will confirm that it's just for data collection - it doesn't get passed along to SFE or any other funding body.
Original post by dadams1

The finance option on your UCAS application is only used by universities to help determine fee status.
You can still apply for a student loan if you've ticked private finance.
When you enrol on a course a university will ask you how you're paying your fees again and at that point you can let them know if you're getting a loan and not funding your fees privately.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The finance option on your UCAS application is only used by universities to help determine fee status.
You can still apply for a student loan if you've ticked private finance.
When you enrol on a course a university will ask you how you're paying your fees again and at that point you can let them know if you're getting a loan and not funding your fees privately.

Okay thank you so much for that. I was getting worried I'd have to withdraw my application just to change it.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
UCAS will confirm that it's just for data collection - it doesn't get passed along to SFE or any other funding body.

Ah ok thank you.
Original post by dadams1
Ah ok thank you.

Hi there,

If you have any questions regarding the funding at any point, then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending