The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's done is done but this rebrand feels very un-TSR and more like the colour scheme of a Halloween supplies website. But oh well.

On mobile, I can't click on the individual notifications - wherever I tap it highlights the bell button and redirects me to the notifications page

Edit: never mind, it fixed itself.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Scotland Yard
What's done is done but this rebrand feels very un-TSR and more like the colour scheme of a Halloween supplies website. But oh well.

On mobile, I can't click on the individual notifications - wherever I tap it highlights the bell button and redirects me to the notifications page

Edit: never mind, it fixed itself.

Glad to hear it fixed itself! If you have any more problems with it, let us know :biggrin:
There is just so much wasted space. As I type this, on a PC running Chrome, I can see a massive purple bar taking the top 20% of the screen, then the report button from post -1, then the previous short post, another advert and 2 lines of the quick reply I am writing. Left 20% of the screen is just white. Same with right 20% - just white. The text is so spaced out that you get to see hardly any of it while responding.
Original post by ReadingMum
There is just so much wasted space. As I type this, on a PC running Chrome, I can see a massive purple bar taking the top 20% of the screen, then the report button from post -1, then the previous short post, another advert and 2 lines of the quick reply I am writing. Left 20% of the screen is just white. Same with right 20% - just white. The text is so spaced out that you get to see hardly any of it while responding.

As far as I know none of the spacing has changed with this updated brand roll-out. Does the spacing feel different to yesterday? Either way we will raise the feedback to the team :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Just checked my homepage now and I don't really know what's going on. I can only see 5 discussions which are apparently all my watched threads but it just isn't true, most of those threads I've never clicked on but it's showing them as watched. And when I try to unwatch them it doesn't work. And it's all just a for you thing, there's no chronological list of all the discussions across the site that I can see like before :confused:
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Just checked my homepage now and I don't really know what's going on. I can only see 5 discussions which are apparently all my watched threads but it just isn't true, most of those threads I've never clicked on but it's showing them as watched. And when I try to unwatch them it doesn't work. And it's all just a for you thing, there's no chronological list of all the discussions across the site that I can see like before :confused:

Hey, thank you for raising this - we have a thread here on the watched thread issues and will pop any updates on that issue there :smile:

In regards to the number of watched threads shown, currently we're only showing the latest 5 but if you'd like to see more could you please send that via the feedback form here so we can review it? Much appreciated, and thanks again for your feedback!
It's interesting how this renders completely differently on chrome v Samsung Internet.

I have chrome white and the Samsung Internet on dark mode so would expect some differences.

But two that pop out to me are
Chrome : can see which threads I have opened or not by a slight change in font. I cannot see which threads I have contributed to (no pen icon).

Samsung Internet : cannot see which threads I have opened. But have the pen icon to show whoch ones I have contributed to.

I need a combination of both (ie which ones I have read / contributed to) on both systems ideally please.
(edited 3 months ago)
Header is too big on mobile to the point where it blocks key stuff such as error replying to thread, when you get the message about you needing to wait x amount of seconds before you can post again etc

At least this is the case on ST2

Edit so it’s not blocking stuff in all cases I see
(edited 3 months ago)
This started happening a few days ago so prob not directly related to the rebrand, but when I click on the page number of a post that I want to skip to, it sometimes takes me to a "Who's who in TSR' page instead, and I have to go back and keep clicking 'next' to scroll through the pages.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Header is too big on mobile to the point where it blocks key stuff such as error replying to thread, when you get the message about you needing to wait x amount of seconds before you can post again etc

At least this is the case on ST2

Edit so it’s not blocking stuff in all cases I see

Hi @Talkative Toad is the header not collapsing for you on mobile?
I people like the redesign, I don’t know or think that it’s better than the old one but purple is my second favourite colour behind pink.

My favourite colours are 1. Pink 2. Purple 3. Blue

So W for me.

I personally don’t mind rep being orange, maybe or makes more sense for it to coordinate with the colour of submit reply and start new discussions though.

Maybe a part of me preferred the default avatars though.

Also some usernames colours and titles (includes official reps, CS etc) still do not appear correctly or everyone still has the default green username (for those that have changed colour).
Original post by SilverPebble
This started happening a few days ago so prob not directly related to the rebrand, but when I click on the page number of a post that I want to skip to, it sometimes takes me to a "Who's who in TSR' page instead, and I have to go back and keep clicking 'next' to scroll through the pages.

Hi @SilverPebble, would you mind raising this one as a bug using our report an issue form?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @Talkative Toad is the header not collapsing for you on mobile?

I think it is now but it does look like that was happening before

Also mild nitpick quotation marks and tags in quotes at least on ST2 are still blue:

IMG_1393.png
Reply 53
Original post by ReadingMum

For the title bar, Ive raised
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7432642
and if you have adblocker, the ad is just a wide purple bar.
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @SilverPebble, would you mind raising this one as a bug using our report an issue form?

Done 👍
Original post by Talkative Toad
I think it is now but it does look like that was happening before

Also mild nitpick quotation marks and tags in quotes at least on ST2 are still blue:

IMG_1393.png

This thread isn't to raise any issues with ST2 as only volunteers currently have access. Could you flag those concerns directly with me either through PM or other routes, although unsure what changes we will be able to make on that experience for now :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
As far as I know none of the spacing has changed with this updated brand roll-out. Does the spacing feel different to yesterday? Either way we will raise the feedback to the team :smile:

It feels worse but that might be just because I am finding the colours so unpleasant. If you are not a fan of the purple then there is a lot of it glaring at you
Reply 57
MicrosoftTeams-image (35).png
Since the launch of The Student Room more than two decades ago, we have welcomed millions of students seeking assistance with their education, life, and future careers. Throughout this period both the higher education landscape and the student community have undergone significant transformations. However, our core mission has remained unwavering: to provide a safe and welcoming space where students can receive genuine advice and support from our online community.

While our mission has persevered, our brand has stayed largely unchanged for the past decade! Over the past few months we’ve been working behind the scenes carrying out a huge amount of research, internal workshops, focus groups and user testing to gather feedback at all stages of the creative design process and we are proud to announce that The Student Room is getting a make-over!

We have now made the change :biggrin: There is a possibility that you may continue to experience some site performance issues on the day while we finish our move over but we hope normal service will resume relatively seemlessly.

To raise an issue you can use our new form here.

What's Changing?

- A new brand identity giving us a new look across the whole site, making The Student Room more accessible with a vibrant new colour palette.

- A brand new homepage for guests better signposting the benefits of joining our community

- A brand new homepage for members, bringing a personalised feed to all users allowing our community to access the content they are interested in, faster.

What's this space for?

- To share feedback and thoughts on our new look! We always want to hear from our community on the changes we make.

- If you are experiencing bugs, performance issues, or have requested changes then we would love it if you could use our new ticket system you can find here. This will let our team of developers process, organise and update you on progress of specific issues.

- You can see the list of issues already raised in the forum here.

We are looking forward to hearing what you think! :woo:

At first, I was a bit confused, but now I actually like the new look. The colors are really nice, but I kinda miss the old logo. The changes make the site look cool and fresh. Good job to the design team!
This thread isn't to raise any issues with ST2 as only volunteers currently have access. Could you flag those concerns directly with me either through PM or other routes, although unsure what changes we will be able to make on that experience for now :smile:

Ok I’ll do that, thanks

FWIW, the spacing doesn't feel different, but it does (genuinely) feel like I'm losing more vertical space to adverts after the rebrand (that is, I feel I'm seeing a lot more "tall" adverts than I used to). It might just be a bit "random day of the week" regarding which adverts are being served.

More generally, I can see a category of bugs/feedback like this "falling through the cracks" if you simply say "it's not a regression relative to the previous REACT implementation" - of course people like me have already complained about the wasted space, but I'm sure there were people (even me, on some level) having a certain amount of "well, I'll guess we need to see what it looks like with the redesign".

On the specific topic: the inefficient use of space does actually make TSR much more difficult to use. I couldn't imagine replying with corrections to someone's worked STEP solution with so little space.

Latest

Trending

Trending