Title bar scrolling/hiding

Problem Summary
Title bar scrolling/hiding

Problem Details
Some parts of tsr scroll the ad banner
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1645
whereas other parts hide the menus and keep the ad banner
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7432319
For me, the old (first example) is much better as its more usable and means more of the page is visible.

Device
Desktop

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information
Reply 1
In the first example (old design?) you also still have scrollable notifications and messages, your bookmarks, ...
Hi @mqb2766, thanks for raising this. The pages of our site that are still on our old tech (like forum pages) have a different header behaviour than the new react pages (homepage and thread pages).

In time, we'll be moving all of those pages over to the new tech.

Do I take it you prefer still being able to see your notifications / messages when scrolling?
Reply 3
Original post by dinosaurchef
Hi @mqb2766, thanks for raising this. The pages of our site that are still on our old tech (like forum pages) have a different header behaviour than the new react pages (homepage and thread pages).

In time, we'll be moving all of those pages over to the new tech.

Do I take it you prefer still being able to see your notifications / messages when scrolling?

The old style is preferable in several ways.

Often the ad which is anchored at the top (title bar) is the same one as appears every 2 or 3 posts and it seems too much and limits the viewable page significantly.

Hiding the menu / notifications bar on chrome (new version) is clunky as it pops in and out when you scroll up and down. It seemed to be introduced as a quick fix a few weeks back to make more of the screen viewable, but the classic version seems to be just better.

Several people have mentioned the notifications/messages being limited to just 5 in the new version is that, limited.

(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending