The Student Room Group

gcse history- aiming for a grade 9

hi!! im doing gcse history and i have exams in may, any tips for high grades? :smile:
i’ve finished all the content (i self teach) and i’ve made flashcards so what do i do now?
btw i haven’t covered all the flashcards yet , i’ve been avoiding them lol which i probably shouldn’t be doing
how to master exam technique and get it right please!
(also do you think it’s necessary that i get a teacher? is it possible without one orrrr)
Reply 1
Original post by unknown20001
hi!! im doing gcse history and i have exams in may, any tips for high grades? :smile:
i’ve finished all the content (i self teach) and i’ve made flashcards so what do i do now?
btw i haven’t covered all the flashcards yet , i’ve been avoiding them lol which i probably shouldn’t be doing
how to master exam technique and get it right please!
(also do you think it’s necessary that i get a teacher? is it possible without one orrrr)

hi!!
I am doing gcse history, and have gotten 9s in all of my gcse history mocks.
my revision tips are to do a LOT of exam style questions to familiarise yourself with the structure, and potentially make timelines for the key events you are studying and put them up in a place where you look at them a lot.
it is certainly possible without a teacher - most of the content I've done is self taught as well because my teacher was sick a lot of the time ;0
hope this is ok!! good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by emaanqur
hi!!
I am doing gcse history, and have gotten 9s in all of my gcse history mocks.
my revision tips are to do a LOT of exam style questions to familiarise yourself with the structure, and potentially make timelines for the key events you are studying and put them up in a place where you look at them a lot.
it is certainly possible without a teacher - most of the content I've done is self taught as well because my teacher was sick a lot of the time ;0
hope this is ok!! good luck!!

thank you so much!! congrats on your mocks :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest