The Student Room Group

ocr computing gcse - opinions

Hi guys I’m thinking of taking ocr computing gcse, I’m aiming for a grade 9. Honestly, I don’t enjoy computing THAT much but in year 9 it’s been tolerable. I get good grades in school, but I’m kind of paranoid bc my teacher really likes me and I feel like that could be affecting my overall grades. The thing is, I could be interested in having a career in computing which is the main reason I’m considering it, also I don’t really have other options. Currently my other subjects are history, French and drama and I don’t want to do two humanities or two creatives. Anyways, everyone says they regret taking computing. What are your opinions on it, in terms of interestingness and difficulty ?
Honestly I found it quite boring. I enjoyed the logical aspects like the actual coding, but learning about how computers worked was not all that interesting to me. I still managed to get a good grade from it though, and I think other people enjoyed it more than I did. I don’t think it was very difficult (but it also wasn’t easy), however I didn’t actually sit my GCSEs so my experience might be slightly different.

Quick Reply

Latest