Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

deleted

deleted
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by arandolmsdudj
Hi
I want to apply for queen mary computer science with the following predicted grades:
Computer Science - A
Geography - B
OCR CTEC Level 3 IT - Distinction

I am eligible for a contextual offer. However, Queen Mary state that the only BTECs they accept are RQF ones, so I have 2 questions:

1. Is OCR CTEC Level 3 IT an RQF?
2. Even if it isn't, would I still be considered because of my a level in computer science?

Firstly a CTEC is not a BTEC. Whether Queen Mary will accept it I dont know and the only way to find out is to ask. Phone them as you need a quick answer and at his time of year you might not get a quick answer from an email. If they dont accept it they wont accept you even with an A in Computer Science as you will only have the equivalent of 2 A levels.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly a CTEC is not a BTEC. Whether Queen Mary will accept it I dont know and the only way to find out is to ask. Phone them as you need a quick answer and at his time of year you might not get a quick answer from an email. If they dont accept it they wont accept you even with an A in Computer Science as you will only have the equivalent of 2 A levels.

I emailed and they confirmed they would consider my application.

Thanks for the reply though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending