The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford History DPhil applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epad
Most results won't come out until next week at the earliest, so you should probably stick to pedestrian crossings for the moment...
Lol
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Any news about OOC AHRC DTP decisions?
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #7
Has anyone heard back from the Global and Imperial History strand for DPhil? My nervousness is off the charts now... nearly got hit by a car while crossing the road...
That’s my strand. Should hear back starting next week.
I just received a rejection by email for the DPhil in Economic and Social History. Wishing everyone success!
Reply 44
Original post by Lightblood
That’s my strand. Should hear back starting next week.
Scratch that, upload button disappeared today, might hear this week.
Anyone know of the time frame that MPhil applicants should start to hear back? i have been on "ready for assessment" for quite a while, upload button still there.
Original post by Anonymous #8
I just received a rejection by email for the DPhil in Economic and Social History. Wishing everyone success!
So sorry to hear! Hope you find the right place to study. As someone who has seen the other side of the admissions process you should know that it can often be very random and sometimes have nothing to do with you. So don’t take it personally.
Original post by twinmomgetsaphd
So sorry to hear! Hope you find the right place to study. As someone who has seen the other side of the admissions process you should know that it can often be very random and sometimes have nothing to do with you. So don’t take it personally.
Thank you! I appreciate your kind wishes.
Original post by Anonymous #8
Ah I'm so sorry - but I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Either you're meant to do it next year, or somewhere else this year, or something else is meant to happen for you entirely!! Still I know how crap it feels and how much work you put in, so just allow yourself to wallow and process it for a few days. xx
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous #9
Anyone know of the time frame that MPhil applicants should start to hear back? i have been on "ready for assessment" for quite a while, upload button still there.
From last year’s post, Mphil and Msc should receive their results after Dphil? Btw I applied to MSc in history and science.
Original post by Pnjk
From last year’s post, Mphil and Msc should receive their results after Dphil? Btw I applied to MSc in history and science.
Best of luck to you!!
If anyone is interested, last year I got my Modern European History DPhil acceptance letter on Friday, March 10th in the late morning. The button had disappeared earlier that week. I would not stress about it and accept that you'll have to wait for a bit longer
Original post by Anonymous #6
If anyone is interested, last year I got my Modern European History DPhil acceptance letter on Friday, March 10th in the late morning. The button had disappeared earlier that week. I would not stress about it and accept that you'll have to wait for a bit longer
Ah thanks for that. Yes, I've not been expecting to hear until March at the earliest but it's just been nice to talk to others while waiting and wondering...!
Original post by Lightblood
Scratch that, upload button disappeared today, might hear this week.
Mine is still here…. Wondering what the upload button really means….
I see another post mentioning that the button for DPhil (Global and Imperial History strand) has disappeared. Should I just assume I have been rejected as my button is still intact?
Original post by widowed-sweating
I see another post mentioning that the button for DPhil (Global and Imperial History strand) has disappeared. Should I just assume I have been rejected as my button is still intact?
Noooo, not at all! It disappears before they tell you whether it's a yes or a no. Although I still have no idea exactly which 'upload' button everyone is referring to... haha
Mine is still here…. Wondering what the upload button really means….
Why do we even have an upload button at this stage, nothing we upload will be considered past the deadline!!
Reply 57
Original post by Anonymous #1
Why do we even have an upload button at this stage, nothing we upload will be considered past the deadline!!
Updated transcripts and test results
Guys. Let’s not stress over the button. My supervisor just told me that the button thing is completely automated and has nothing to do with your chances whatsoever.
Guys. Let’s not stress over the button. My supervisor just told me that the button thing is completely automated and has nothing to do with your chances whatsoever.
Yes, it only means a decision has been made on a profile, and they often move alphabetically by applicant name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending