The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford History DPhil applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

and I was told that the global/ imperial strand isn’t really a “strand on its own”. Basically applications to this strand got forwarded to geographical strands that are more closely aligned with the applicant’s interests. So it’s likely those applying to the global strand will hear back at different times.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
and I was told that the global/ imperial strand isn’t really a “strand on its own”. Basically applications to this strand got forwarded to geographical strands that are more closely aligned with the applicant’s interests. So it’s likely those applying to the global strand will hear back at different times.
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yes, it only means a decision has been made on a profile, and they often move alphabetically by applicant name.
Yup. The timing of the button disappearing doesn’t really matter, as said by another post from last year thread.
In any case, I wish you guys success!
Reply 63
Original post by widowed-sweating
All strands will hear back on Monday according to the admin.
Original post by Lightblood
Maybe they changed their policy this year? I saw on grad cafe results were always released over a week’s timeframe. Cambridge is a lot more transparent imo
Original post by Lightblood

you mean all history applicants? including masters? 😱 did someone tell u this?
Acceptance just now came by email. Button disappeared last week. No word on funding or college
Reply 67
Acceptance just now came by email. Button disappeared last week. No word on funding or college
congratulations!
Oh wow! That's incredible news! So so happy for you, brilliant :smile:) May I ask what strand you're in? x
Congratulations! Does anyone else have an update? Still nothing for me
Original post by Anonymous #2
Congratulations! Does anyone else have an update? Still nothing for me
same, nothing from me either. maybe we'll just have to keep waiting...
Original post by Anonymous #11
same, nothing from me either. maybe we'll just have to keep waiting...
So it seems - I suppose I'll just accept low level anxiety as a feature of my daily life...
Nothing here yet either
Everyone check your online portal. I didn’t get an email yet. But just log onto my portal and it shows I’m accepted!!!
Original post by twinmomgetsaphd
Everyone check your online portal. I didn’t get an email yet. But just log onto my portal and it shows I’m accepted!!!
congratulations!!!! what strand and where does it show this? I can't see it yet.
Congratulations!!
Reply 76
Button disappeared for MSc in History of Science, Medicine and Technology.
Original post by Anonymous #11
congratulations!!!! what strand and where does it show this? I can't see it yet.
Just regular history strand. It shows it under status. Here is a photo.

33C5F767-4C50-4BC1-9E16-2AC5A958B18A.png
Reply 78
Just regular history strand. It shows it under status. Here is a photo.

33C5F767-4C50-4BC1-9E16-2AC5A958B18A.png
So happy for you! Congrats :smile: 🍾
HUGE CONGRATS!!!! I just looked and it shows I was unsuccessful! Ah well.... good luck everyone else. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending