The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford History DPhil applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Have any MSt or MPhils heard back today?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I received the offer as well—on the portal itself! Global Imperial History strand.
Reply 82
Unsuccessful - congrats everyone who got in. Best of luck everyone still waiting
(edited 1 month ago)
I also received an offer on the portal! Nothing on funding, though
Original post by Anonymous #9
Have any MSt or MPhils heard back today?
Nothing for me yet, but button disappeared this morning
I tried to log into the portal to see my offer for DPhil History, and that seems to have triggered an email and it came through straight away - successful!

Just in case anyone (like me) has been paying attention to the superstitious stuff, my button disappeared over a week ago and it only came through today. It also came through after 5pm, and I had read that successful applications could only come through 9-5 (GMT). Seems lots of decisions are coming out today, luck everyone!!
Reply 86
Original post by Anonymous #11
I received the offer as well—on the portal itself! Global Imperial History strand.
Happy to say the same, the same strand the same. Who is your supervisor?
Reply 87
Has anyone heard about funding yet or college placements?
Original post by Lightblood
Congratulations! And nope, nothing on either for me yet
Happy to say the same, the same strand the same. Who is your supervisor?
faridah zaman, you?
College decisions should be coming in the next couple of weeks. Sooner if you get your first choice college. And for funding think April and May.
Does anybody know if AHRC (OOC DTP) or the history department inform you if you have been nominated? Their FAQs only say that if you are successful, you will receive a letter via email from early April. I also hold an offer from Leeds, and their funding body has informed me that I am through to the final round there. Hoping for an award at Oxford!
Just been offered a place on Mst Global & Imperial History for any other master's students lurking on this thread!!
Original post by Anonymous #12
Just been offered a place on Mst Global & Imperial History for any other master's students lurking on this thread!!
Congratulations!

Could you please share your academic profile and background?

Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous #8
Congratulations!

Could you please share your academic profile and background?

Thank you.
Thank you! I did my undergrad at Cambridge, where I got a first. I'm first generation / working class, comp educated.
Thank you! I did my undergrad at Cambridge, where I got a first. I'm first generation / working class, comp educated.
Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous #14
Does anybody know if AHRC (OOC DTP) or the history department inform you if you have been nominated? Their FAQs only say that if you are successful, you will receive a letter via email from early April. I also hold an offer from Leeds, and their funding body has informed me that I am through to the final round there. Hoping for an award at Oxford!
I heard from a friend in last year's cycle that he got notified of being nominated. But he didn't get it in the end so not sure if that makes people feel better.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 97
Congratulationssss!!!! Could I ask when ur button disappeared?
Reply 98
With the risk of further hijacking the thread, have we had any replies for Intellectual History MSt? I know quite a few people heard back yesterday for Global & Imperial / British, but how are the other strands doing?
Does anyone know when we might hear back about the Stuart Hall Scholarship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending