The Student Room Group

Film Portfolio

I'm currently making a film portfolio. I want to incorporate films I've made and written documents I have also. I'm just stuck where to start. How should I lay out a document? Should I talk about myself as a person too?
Original post by charlie.l
I'm currently making a film portfolio. I want to incorporate films I've made and written documents I have also. I'm just stuck where to start. How should I lay out a document? Should I talk about myself as a person too?

It sounds like you need to present your portfolio on a blogging site like wordpress or tumblr so it can include a range of media
Original post by charlie.l

Hey Charlie.l

My name is Will, i'm a Media Production student at Bournemouth University.
A great place to host all of your work is a wordpress/wix site, and the best part is, you don't even need to pay for a domain (unless you want it to be found via a google search. All you need is the link that the website builder will give to you.
Having a website allows all of your work to be visible in one place from films/videos to the written documents, this also acts as a visible CV. I would also suggest editing all of your films into a short 1-2 minute showreel which almost acts like a trailer of your work. And this should be refreshed with all of your latest work every year, that way employers can see your most recent work!
To help you see an example, I have linked my website portfolio here to help you out. (it may be slightly out of date as I'm currently on my placement year but it still stands as an example: https://ngmzk63why.wixsite.com/website

I hope this helps
Will - BU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending