The Student Room Group

RAF BRTC from a parents point of view

My son is a couple of weeks in now and the little bit of info I did manage to find out beforehand came predominantly from this page, but I was still woefully ill prepared for what was to come. To help other people I have started a blog of how it’s been so far. I can’t put a link on here but if anyone fancies a read please do feel free to inbox me and I’ll reply with a link to it :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Kate raf
My son is a couple of weeks in now and the little bit of info I did manage to find out beforehand came predominantly from this page, but I was still woefully ill prepared for what was to come. To help other people I have started a blog of how it’s been so far. I can’t put a link on here but if anyone fancies a read please do feel free to inbox me and I’ll reply with a link to it :smile:

Hi Kate, I wondered if this should be in the Armed Forces forum?
Reply 2
Original post by SP1212
Hi Kate, I wondered if this should be in the Armed Forces forum?

Oh! I didn’t realise there was a separate one lol! I’ll go look, thanks for the pointer :smile:
Reply 3
Oh! I didn’t realise there was a separate one lol! I’ll go look, thanks for the pointer :smile:

Yes it is where I found lots of useful information (my Son graduated from Halton June 2023)
Reply 4
Original post by SP1212
Yes it is where I found lots of useful information (my Son graduated from Halton June 2023)

Ahhhh brilliant, thanks 🙂 how did he get on? Did he pass straight through or get reflighted?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Ahhhh brilliant, thanks 🙂 how did he get on? Did he pass straight through or get reflighted?

They had a 2-week break for the Coronation but it all went well. He is at Cosford now (Avionics)
He says he wished he had practiced ironing more before starting!
Reply 6
Original post by SP1212
They had a 2-week break for the Coronation but it all went well. He is at Cosford now (Avionics)
He says he wished he had practiced ironing more before starting!

Mine wishes he had listened to me and gone running a LOT more lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending