The Student Room Group

Will 2:2 will allow to be solicitor?

Hi,

I am Mr Rai, currently studying LLB with The Open University. Now I am in the middle of the final year of LLB and my scores seems approx 60-65% in aggregate for my qualification. The weird thing about The OU is they marked the scores differently. 2:1 is above 70% which means I will be on 2:2. I have the aspirations to be solicitor and join the Army Law Service as a solicitor as I am currently serving in the Army. Will that grade 2:2 will allow me to pursue my career as the solicitor?
Reply 1
Original post by Chamling1946
Hi,

I am Mr Rai, currently studying LLB with The Open University. Now I am in the middle of the final year of LLB and my scores seems approx 60-65% in aggregate for my qualification. The weird thing about The OU is they marked the scores differently. 2:1 is above 70% which means I will be on 2:2. I have the aspirations to be solicitor and join the Army Law Service as a solicitor as I am currently serving in the Army. Will that grade 2:2 will allow me to pursue my career as the solicitor?

There are law firms that will take a 2:2, provided it is from the right candidate, however training contracts are highly competitive and so with a 2:2 you will likely be at a disadvantage- if you are able to push for a 2:1 it would put you in a much better position

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending