The Student Room Group

Dent school or imperial

Random question, Is it harder to get into biological sciences at imperial or any other dental school?
Original post by IlIlIl
Random question, Is it harder to get into biological sciences at imperial or any other dental school?

I’m not as experienced or knowledgeable in regards to the biological sciences program at imperial or dentistry for that matter, however, I’d say that getting into dental school would be harder. I base this off the fact there r fewer places in the UK to do dentistry so it’s even more competitive than med. Dental school could also land u a rlly good paying job bc dentists r in high demand rn. I heard some1 w a starting rate of 50-70 k from a private practice.

I’m a 3rd year chemistry student at Imperial rn
Original post by IlIlIl

Dentistry is extremely competitive (most dental schools are more competitive than most medical schools) as there are only a handful of dental schools and they have government imposed quotas on how many students they can take each year.

Biosciences by contrast tends to be somewhat undersubscribed across the board.

I am pretty certain dentistry is more competitive than biosciences at Imperial or otherwise.
Reply 3
How badly do you want to be a Dentist?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending