The Student Room Group

live, laugh, love (and sometimes cry) - a blog <3

Scroll to see replies

Hi friend!
I hope everything is going well, haven’t seen your posts on ur gyg in a while and hopefully there hasn’t been too much drama in robotics recently :smile:))
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Hi friend!
I hope everything is going well, haven’t seen your posts on ur gyg in a while and hopefully there hasn’t been too much drama in robotics recently :smile:))

Hi! Thanks for checking up on me! Nope, no robotics drama but our next meeting is tomorrow! There's just not been much going on in my life at the moment so I haven't been posting!
Didn't manage to go to robotics today because I wasn't feeling well so I went home early..on the bright side, I was pretty productive today! (by my standards anyway) Almost 3 hours of studying! I managed to finish my planning review for my EPQ and the deadline is this weekend. It's annoying though because my supervisor only told us about the deadline yesterday but thankfully I had already almost finished it.
Reply 23
Original post by scar-the-queen
Didn't manage to go to robotics today because I wasn't feeling well so I went home early..on the bright side, I was pretty productive today! (by my standards anyway) Almost 3 hours of studying! I managed to finish my planning review for my EPQ and the deadline is this weekend. It's annoying though because my supervisor only told us about the deadline yesterday but thankfully I had already almost finished it.

Well done on a productive day!
Original post by study23!
Well done on a productive day!

Thank you!
I got 95% on a microeconomics test I took last week! I also got my predicted grade for Economics and I've been predicted an A* which is great because currently Economics is my worst subject even though it's the one I enjoy the most. I have a macroeconomics test tomorrow. My teacher makes us revision notes and if I'm honest I just read them the night before the night before a test (which isn't great because I should definitely be making my own flash cards but oh well). I've not quite finished reading them but my parents are telling me to go to sleep now so I'll finish up the last couple of pages tomorrow morning. It shouldn't take long. I'm worse at macro than I am at micro so I'm hoping the test goes well tomorrow!
Reply 26
I got 95% on a microeconomics test I took last week! I also got my predicted grade for Economics and I've been predicted an A* which is great because currently Economics is my worst subject even though it's the one I enjoy the most. I have a macroeconomics test tomorrow. My teacher makes us revision notes and if I'm honest I just read them the night before the night before a test (which isn't great because I should definitely be making my own flash cards but oh well). I've not quite finished reading them but my parents are telling me to go to sleep now so I'll finish up the last couple of pages tomorrow morning. It shouldn't take long. I'm worse at macro than I am at micro so I'm hoping the test goes well tomorrow!

Congrats! I don't take economics (and honestly don't know anything about it), but what's the difference between macro and micro?
Congrats! I don't take economics (and honestly don't know anything about it), but what's the difference between macro and micro?

Thanks! Microeconomics is more to do with certain products/businesses (e.g. if the price of brownies went up, people would want to buy less brownies and would probably buy cookies instead), and macroeconomics is to do with an economy as a whole (if the UK government increases government spending, there will be economic growth in the UK).
The questions in the macro test today weren't that bad but I ran out of time ☹️ I definitely need to practise doing timed essays! In other news I got 80% on my mechanics test. I had the potential to get 100% but I made a silly mistake which led to further mistakes in my other calculations (i.e. I made a mistake in part a of the question and that affected parts b, c and d).
(edited 2 months ago)
My room is legitimately a mess. My desk is covered with notes that are in some weird order so it's impossible for me to find what I need. I need to clean my desk and file my notes properly. I'm going to spend this evening doing that, because then I can actually focus and get the work done that I need to do over the half term.

This is my to-do list:

File notes

Clean up book storage area

Maths exam question

Plan work for half term

I'll update this throughout the evening!
(edited 2 months ago)
Chronic illness sucks. I didn't manage to get much done today at all because I am genuinely so exhausted. I'll hopefully manage to get more done tomorrow.
Hello! I've not been on TSR for a while but I'm back now! This blog is basically a place to collect my thoughts about life. Here's a little catch-up for you:

Studies: I have soo much overdue homework I need to catch up on. It's honestly insane. I'm in Year 12 and studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computer Science A Levels. I'm thinking about applying for Economics at university!

Social: I'm not allowed to date until I'm 18, but that doesn't stop me from having a crush or too. I'm part of my school's robotics team and there's one guy who's super cute. Let's call him N. There's also another boy who GETS ON MY NERVES AND THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Let's call him A. He literally refers to himself as the smartest person in the room. I'm curious whether he has any siblings..he seems like a coddled only child (this is coming from a fellow only child btw). The robotics team is going out together this weekend and I'm so excited! There's also been a lot of drama though because someone's planning on bringing alcohol and not everyone's fully comfortable with drinking (especially since the person bringing the alcohol has a tendency of getting SUPER DRUNK). Anyways, my best friend and I are just going to ditch everyone else if they start drinking and we'll go out together for a meal instead :smile:

Health: I've injured my back so I haven't been exercising much recently :frown: But when I do, I really enjoy running, yoga and pilates! I have a neurological condition that sometimes affects my life but I push through it anyways!

That's it for now! You're all caught up!

- Scarlett xoxo

Mr. 'A' seem to be a enemies to lovers pending i fear🤣🤣 (kidding haha)
Original post by heartz4moushi
Mr. 'A' seem to be a enemies to lovers pending i fear🤣🤣 (kidding haha)

Omg nooo that would be my worst nightmare
Omg nooo that would be my worst nightmare

bwahaha thats how they all startt😆😆
Original post by heartz4moushi
bwahaha thats how they all startt😆😆

noo shushhh
I'm honestly struggling to be productive so here are my plans for the rest of the day:

Buy food for Galentine's Day meet-up (doing this tomorrow because my mum's going grocery shopping tomorrow so I'll just tag along)

Organise folders

Organise book area 🧡 (in progress)

Recycle old GCSE notes (yes, I probably should've done this ages ago)

Plan work for rest of half term

Go through news headlines 🧡 (in progress)

Read at least 1 article from the Economist (skipped)

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 36
I'm honestly struggling to be productive so here are my plans for the rest of the day:

Buy food for Galentine's Day meet-up

Organise folders

Organise book area

Recycle old GCSE notes (yes, I probably should've done this ages ago)

Plan work for rest of half term

Go through news headlines

Read at least 1 article from the Economist

Ayy I’ve got a Galentines tomorrow! We’re all bringing food boars and watching films and I am so excited 😁

I really need to organise my room, but if you plan you week now then the rest should go smoothly for productivity.
Ayy I’ve got a Galentines tomorrow! We’re all bringing food boars and watching films and I am so excited 😁

I really need to organise my room, but if you plan you week now then the rest should go smoothly for productivity.

Omg that's what we're doing too but on Wednesday!

Yes hopefully planning will help me but I procrastinate so much ☹️
I didn't manage to get everything done today but I'm still proud of myself for making progress.

Here is my plan for tomorrow:

Computer science programming work

Maths year 1 differentiation revision

Overdue pure maths homework

Didn't manage to get everything done because I fell ill :frown:

I've got a pure maths test on the first day back so I'm going to do a little bit of revision every day of half term. I also have a TON of overdue homework which my teachers haven't questioned me about..I think they're a bit scared to because they think the reason I haven't done it is because of my chronic illness when in reality it's just because I'm a huge procrastinator (although my chronic illness hasn't helped). I've not told any of them about my chronic illness explicitly, but I know I'm flagged up as physically disabled on the school system so they probably know that my health isn't the greatest.

Anyway, I'm going to try and fit in some time to get some overdue homework done but I'll prioritise work with upcoming deadlines - no point in handing these in after the deadline!
(edited 2 months ago)
Galentine's was amazing!! We all brought food boards and talked for hours. I'm not very social usually, but it was lovely to just spend time with my friends.

My plan for today is:

Catch up with the news

Maths year 1 differentiation revision

Maths year 1 integration revision

Maths year 2 differentiation revision

Stats homework part 1

(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending