The Student Room Group

live, laugh, love (and sometimes cry) - a blog <3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study23!
Oh no, I hope everything gets better soon! I remember being in a wheelchair in year 7 after an operation and my friends walked me into a wall and the school lift stopped when I was in there with my friend 😂 traumatic times. Glad that your friends are supportive and please take care of yourself x
ahh thats so traumati lmao. But it also seems slightly fun, idk it might be just me lmaoo. hope you were alright tho
Original post by study23!
Oh no, I hope everything gets better soon! I remember being in a wheelchair in year 7 after an operation and my friends walked me into a wall and the school lift stopped when I was in there with my friend 😂 traumatic times. Glad that your friends are supportive and please take care of yourself x
Our school lifts have gotten stuck a bunch of times as well but thankfully I’ve never been the person stuck in one! My friends are having a lot of fun pushing my wheelchair around but they have also almost pushed me into a wall 😂
Original post by Anonymous #1
Get well soon! I got a back injury when I was 18 and life was super hard then but still managed to achieve lots of things! I guess being positive really helps
Thank you! Yes being positive definitely helps!
Original post by Tatakae L
aww my love, I hope you get better soon. <3
Thank you!
Original post by scar-the-queen
4/3/24
Studied 2 hours, 9 mins (happy with this considering I’ve been very ill - more on this at the end of this post)
Worked on:

EPQ research

Econ market failure revision

Okayy so basically I’m in a wheelchair now but hopefully it’s only temporary! I’ve just been a bit more tired than usual recently and that’s led to my legs just giving out and I’m too weak to walk. My friends have been incredibly supportive though and have accompanied me to and from all my lessons to make sure I’m ok :smile:
Get well soon! Glad you are still doing so much work!
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Get well soon! Glad you are still doing so much work!
Thanks!
So I didn’t post a summary of the work I did yesterday because I was in A&E late last night. It’s like I’m paralysed from the waist down. I can’t move my legs. I’ve been referred to neurology and I am making do with a wheelchair for now. Hopefully it’s not too serious, the doctors seem to think it’s functional (basically I’ve got no physical damage to my nerves, just that my brain isn’t responding to any signals from my legs). If that’s the case then it should be reversible with the help of some physiotherapy. It just happened so suddenly..it really sucks but I’m trying to stay positive so my friends and family don’t get too worried.

Anyway despite that I studied for an hour yesterday, pretty good considering the circumstances!

Today I studied for 1 hour and 40 minutes, and I used that time to catch up on the work that I missed because I didn’t go to school yesterday.
So I didn’t post a summary of the work I did yesterday because I was in A&E late last night. It’s like I’m paralysed from the waist down. I can’t move my legs. I’ve been referred to neurology and I am making do with a wheelchair for now. Hopefully it’s not too serious, the doctors seem to think it’s functional (basically I’ve got no physical damage to my nerves, just that my brain isn’t responding to any signals from my legs). If that’s the case then it should be reversible with the help of some physiotherapy. It just happened so suddenly..it really sucks but I’m trying to stay positive so my friends and family don’t get too worried.

Anyway despite that I studied for an hour yesterday, pretty good considering the circumstances!

Today I studied for 1 hour and 40 minutes, and I used that time to catch up on the work that I missed because I didn’t go to school yesterday.
Babe this sounds like a nightmare, and I really hope for your sake it all goes away and you get better soon. But im so proud of you for remaining positive and not letting this stop you. Also well done on all the revision you have done.

Wishing you all the best xx

You are so fabulously strong for staying positive and pushing through your revision with your circumstances. Keep it up, well-done.
I really hope it only gets better from now. :heart:
Thank you @Tatakae L and @AspiringSurvivor !! <3
Thank you @Tatakae L and @AspiringSurvivor !! <3
ofc my love <3
I've had a rough time recently so I've not really been posting on here, but this is what I hope to get done tomorrow:

Work on EPQ

Revise differentiation

Revise logarithms and exponentials

CS homework

I'm making to-do lists to motivate myself but likelihood is I'll sometimes not be able to do everything on my list because of my health, but I've begun to accept that that's okay and sometimes I just need to be kinder to myself.
(edited 1 month ago)
I've had a rough time recently so I've not really been posting on here, but this is what I hope to get done tomorrow:

Work on EPQ

Revise differentiation

Revise logarithms and exponentials

CS homework

I'm making to-do lists to motivate myself but likelihood is I'll sometimes not be able to do everything on my list because of my health, but I've begun to accept that that's okay and sometimes I just need to be kinder to myself.
I am glad you have realised that you need to rest! Good luck with the rest of the tasks!
I am glad you have realised that you need to rest! Good luck with the rest of the tasks!
Thank you!
My plan for 14/3/24:

Work on EPQ

Revise differentiation

Revise exponentials and logarithms

Make notes on inflation

Happy Pi Day everyone!!
My plan for 14/3/24:

Work on EPQ

Revise differentiation

Revise exponentials and logarithms

Make notes on inflation

Happy Pi Day everyone!!
Oo I didn’t knew it was Pi today thanks for that! Hope you can do all your tasks today :wink:
I was away today at Goldman Sachs for their Pre-University Women's Insight Day event which was really fun!! The speakers were all super engaging, I made some new amazing friends and the building was gorgeous. Anyway, that's the reason I didn't set up a to-do list for today.

However, I had to miss school which means I have a bunch of work to catch up on, so here's my to-do list for 16th March:

HSBC interview

Work on EPQ

Make notes on inflation 🟧

Macro catch-up work

Pure catch-up work

CS homework 🟧 (1/3 pieces completed)

Mechanics catch-up work

Is it an ambitious list of tasks? Yes. Do I expect myself to finish all of them? Nope, but I feel like if I make lists then I'll remember how much work I've actually got to do and then I'll stop procrastinating haha

Some tasks set by my medical team:

Cold shower (I hate hate hate this in the moment but I don't feel too bad afterwards)

Meditation

Journalling

I'm on a waiting list for CBT. I used to see a therapist regularly but we stopped since my symptoms had reduced greatly to the point I thought I'd fully recovered, but this stupid flare-up has made me realise that I'll never quite be free of this illness.
(edited 1 month ago)
I was away today at Goldman Sachs for their Pre-University Women's Insight Day event which was really fun!! The speakers were all super engaging, I made some new amazing friends and the building was gorgeous. Anyway, that's the reason I didn't set up a to-do list for today.
However, I had to miss school which means I have a bunch of work to catch up on, so here's my to-do list for 16th March:

HSBC interview

Work on EPQ

Make notes on inflation

Macro catch-up work

Pure catch-up work

CS homework

Mechanics catch-up work

Is it an ambitious list of tasks? Yes. Do I expect myself to finish all of them? Nope, but I feel like if I make lists then I'll remember how much work I've actually got to do and then I'll stop procrastinating haha
Some tasks set by my medical team:

Cold shower (I hate hate hate this in the moment but I don't feel too bad afterwards)

Meditation

Journalling

I'm on a waiting list for CBT. I used to see a therapist regularly but we stopped since my symptoms had reduced greatly to the point I thought I'd fully recovered, but this stupid flare-up has made me realise that I'll never quite be free of this illness.
I am so sorry you feel this way, you have already been so free of the illness so I am so sure you can do this now too! You’ll be free of it!
It also makes me sad that we have such a long waiting list for therapy, its such an important issue and there isn’t enough funding for it in this country :frown:
I really hope you feel better, good luck with catching up your work :smile:
I am so sorry you feel this way, you have already been so free of the illness so I am so sure you can do this now too! You’ll be free of it!
It also makes me sad that we have such a long waiting list for therapy, its such an important issue and there isn’t enough funding for it in this country :frown:
I really hope you feel better, good luck with catching up your work :smile:
Thank you :heart:
Yesterday, I studied for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I’d like to try and study for longer today.

17/3/23 to-do list:

Work on EPQ

Revise for macro test

CS homework

Mechanics catch-up work

Pure maths homework

Cold shower

Journaling 🟧

Meditation

(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest