The Student Room Group

live, laugh, love (and sometimes cry) - a blog <3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scar-the-queen
Yesterday, I studied for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I’d like to try and study for longer today.
17/3/23 to-do list:

Work on EPQ

Revise for macro test 🟧

CS homework

Mechanics catch-up work

Pure maths homework

Cold shower

Journaling

Meditation

slay with the 2hrs revision! and good luck with the tasks x <3
Original post by emm4nuella
slay with the 2hrs revision! and good luck with the tasks x <3
thank you!!
18/3/24 to-do list:

Work on EPQ

CS homework

Pure maths homework

Micro homework

Cold shower

Meditate

Work on strengthening my vague nerve for 45 minutes

The last task was set by my medical team :smile: I'll be working on strengthening my vague nerve for 45 minutes every day
(edited 1 month ago)
18/3/24 to-do list:

Work on EPQ

CS homework

Pure maths homework

Micro homework

Work on strengthening my vague nerve for 45 minutes

The last task was set by my medical team :smile: I'll be working on strengthening my vague nerve for 45 minutes every day
Good luck with everything and you have got this with the vauge nerve <3
Original post by Tatakae L
Good luck with everything and you have got this with the vauge nerve <3
Thank you!
Is this the start of my academic weapon era?? Yesterday I studied for over 3 hours, which I think is a new record for me on a school day. Life is good, I've made plans with my friends during the Easter Holidays and the vagus nerve strengthening exercises are having a positive impact on my health. I've had more breakdowns over the past few days than I've had for a while, but now everything is chill and I have faith in myself!! Feeling so positive :smile:
Is this the start of my academic weapon era?? Yesterday I studied for over 3 hours, which I think is a new record for me on a school day. Life is good, I've made plans with my friends during the Easter Holidays and the vagus nerve strengthening exercises are having a positive impact on my health. I've had more breakdowns over the past few days than I've had for a while, but now everything is chill and I have faith in myself!! Feeling so positive :smile:

Nice <3

Yay life is good! :yeah:
So I feel like I haven't updated this in a while but basically I am once again in my academic victim era and have been procrastinating non-stop ughh. Here's my plan for today (probably not going to fully stick to it but I'll try my best!):

Study session 1: TMUA prep
Study session 2: EPQ
Study session 3: Computer Science
Study session 4: Maths
Study session 5: EPQ
Study session 6: Maths

Aiming for each session to be 1 hour but they may be shorter or longer than that. I'm not entirely sure if I'll have enough time to study for 6 hours today since I have a medical appointment and then my parents want to go out for lunch with me afterwards since there's a really good restaurant near the doctor's office, but I'll try my best to get as much as I can done!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
So I feel like I haven't updated this in a while but basically I am once again in my academic victim era and have been procrastinating non-stop ughh. Here's my plan for today (probably not going to fully stick to it but I'll try my best!):
Study session 1: EPQ
Study session 2: Computer Science
Study session 3: Maths
Study session 4: EPQ
Study session 5: Maths
Aiming for each session to be 1 hour but they may be shorter or longer than that. I'm not entirely sure if I'll have enough time to study for 6 hours today since I have a medical appointment and then my parents want to go out for lunch with me afterwards since there's a really good restaurant near the doctor's office, but I'll try my best to get as much as I can done!

you can only do as much as you can each day, and i am sure you are doing that! keep up the good work x :biggrin:!
Hello! I've not been on TSR for a while but I'm back now! This blog is basically a place to collect my thoughts about life. Here's a little catch-up for you:
Studies: I have soo much overdue homework I need to catch up on. It's honestly insane. I'm in Year 12 and studying Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computer Science A Levels. I'm thinking about applying for Economics at university!
Social: I'm not allowed to date until I'm 18, but that doesn't stop me from having a crush or two. I'm part of my school's robotics team and there's one guy who's super cute. Let's call him N. There's also another boy who GETS ON MY NERVES AND THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. Let's call him A. He literally refers to himself as the smartest person in the room. I'm curious whether he has any siblings..he seems like a coddled only child (this is coming from a fellow only child btw). The robotics team is going out together this weekend and I'm so excited! There's also been a lot of drama though because someone's planning on bringing alcohol and not everyone's fully comfortable with drinking (especially since the person bringing the alcohol has a tendency of getting SUPER DRUNK). Anyways, my best friend and I are just going to ditch everyone else if they start drinking and we'll go out together for a meal instead🙂
Health: I've injured my back so I haven't been exercising much recently :frown: But when I do, I really enjoy running, yoga and pilates! I have a neurological condition that sometimes affects my life but I push through it anyways!
That's it for now! You're all caught up!
- Scarlett xoxo

@Chronoscope don't know if i have mentioned this before but could this thread be moved to 'grow your grades' please!!
@Chronoscope don't know if i have mentioned this before but could this thread be moved to 'grow your grades' please!!

Moved now :h: :hugs:
Apologies, no idea if I saw it or not (was on a mini break from tsr due to dissertation deadline)
Study session 1: TMUA prep
Study session 2: EPQ
Study session 3: Computer Science
Study session 4: Maths
Study session 5: EPQ

How has the plan gone so far? I have also succumbed to procrastination today 😭 but I’ll do some revision now (only done 30 mins today)
you can only do as much as you can each day, and i am sure you are doing that! keep up the good work x :biggrin:!

thank you <3
Original post by study23!
How has the plan gone so far? I have also succumbed to procrastination today 😭 but I’ll do some revision now (only done 30 mins today)

honestly not amazingly, i've only done just over an hour today but it's a step up from having done nothing yesterday
honestly not amazingly, i've only done just over an hour today but it's a step up from having done nothing yesterday

That's ok, honestly I've still only done 30mins. As long as we try and improve the next day
Original post by study23!
That's ok, honestly I've still only done 30mins. As long as we try and improve the next day

Agreed!
Ok so random life update - I got diagnosed with anxiety this week which was interesting, and I've been going to therapy which is helpful because I'm now starting to understand that certain things I thought were normal are just because of anxiety. Not too fussed about the diagnosis though because my parents have always told me I'm anxious and I just ignored them lol. Tbh anxiety runs in the family so my diagnosis wasn't that surprising anyway.
Plan for 7/4/24 which I'll hopefully follow!
Study session 1: Economics
Study session 2: Economics
Study session 3: EPQ
Study session 4: Computer Science
Study session 5: Maths
Study session 6: EPQ

Total time studied so far: 1 hour
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Ok I definitely didn't follow the plan today. I've decided I'm going to use tomorrow as a time to clean up and organise because I literally have all my notes in a giant unorganised pile on my desk which makes it impossible to find anything.

Where I'm at with my cleaning: I have mostly cleared out the massive pile on my desk and everything is organised by subject into small bundles on the floor.

Time spent studying: 3 hours

Spontaneous change of plans - I ended up going to a cafe to study with a friend which was actually extremely helpful for me because we kept each other accountable and I ended up being wayy more productive than I am at home.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending