The Student Room Group

Resit Advice

So I got my A-Level results back and i got BBC, which was very disappointing for me as I have been working at a far higher level than that. I believe the primary reason for my bad grades was due to a grandparent dying 3 months before my exams which really distracted me from my alevels for a long time. If I were to resit my A-Levels next year, would this count as a mitigating/special circumstances and not disadvantage me? Please be brutally honest with me, but would there also be any point in applying to top level unis in my circumstance if I resit and apply using predicted grades? Thanks a lot.
Reply 1
No unfortunately it wouldn't count as a mitigating/special circumstances unless there is solid physical evidence for it (for example you were so distraught you had to see a professional and they can atest to you having those special circumstances by writing a letter to UCAS or something (tbh UCAS outlines their criteria better so you should probably check their website instead of taking my word for it))

You do have a chance depending on your predicted grades. I applied with worse actual grades but still got offers. They mostly care about your predicted grades from a reliable source as far as I can tell.

Quick Reply

Latest