The Student Room Group

Home Office Litigation Caseworker

Has anyone worked in an AO or EO level capacity in this specific role?

Im looking for an idea of

- the work culture/if it is target driven
- training duration and what it covers
- if overtime opportunities exist
- opportunities to progress including
*promotion
*support for Cilex/Legal degree
-work shift patterns expected, particularly for part timers.

I have been offered an EO role and been given mixed feedback about the HO in general but nothing on the Litigation side.

For example, I was informed that as the HO is a low paid CS department subject to high attrition, my local office discourages its staff from progressing so its employees are now applying as external applicants to hide it from management.

There are stats published that show only 20% of HO staff are in the same role 2 years later with a third exiting the CS entirely.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi, I cannot answer your question, but did you apply for the most recent campaign that closed on 22 January 2024? Thanks.
Reply 2
No, September 23. If you are a Jan applicant and aren't familiar with slow CS recruitment processes, you will need to be reeeeeeeely patient.

Still awaiting confirmation of a start date after all checks were recently completed.

Training cohorts in the CS tend to start on the first week of the month.

To give new joiners time to serve their notice with their old employer, the new start dateds tend to be scheduled a minimum of a month in advance. I've managed to get in an earlier intake before the one planned for me for a different role in the past.

I doubt that I will start before May but I've got a big holiday already booked so June would be better.

So from the closing date of the application to my first day, I expect it to be a minimum of 7 months.

I have other job applications in progress for roles with better terms and conditions.
Reply 3
Original post by Compyjo
No, September 23. If you are a Jan applicant and aren't familiar with slow CS recruitment processes, you will need to be reeeeeeeely patient.
Still awaiting confirmation of a start date after all checks were recently completed.
Training cohorts in the CS tend to start on the first week of the month.
To give new joiners time to serve their notice with their old employer, the new start dateds tend to be scheduled a minimum of a month in advance. I've managed to get in an earlier intake before the one planned for me for a different role in the past.
I doubt that I will start before May but I've got a big holiday already booked so June would be better.
So from the closing date of the application to my first day, I expect it to be a minimum of 7 months.
I have other job applications in progress for roles with better terms and conditions.
Thank you! I'm already a Civil Servant and applied for another position in January, so I was wondering if HO started to notify the applicants already, even though I did not expect any response until May/June. Good luck with your another application!
Reply 4
Original post by Compyjo
Has anyone worked in an AO or EO level capacity in this specific role?
Im looking for an idea of
- the work culture/if it is target driven
- training duration and what it covers
- if overtime opportunities exist
- opportunities to progress including
*promotion
*support for Cilex/Legal degree
-work shift patterns expected, particularly for part timers.
I have been offered an EO role and been given mixed feedback about the HO in general but nothing on the Litigation side.
For example, I was informed that as the HO is a low paid CS department subject to high attrition, my local office discourages its staff from progressing so its employees are now applying as external applicants to hide it from management.
There are stats published that show only 20% of HO staff are in the same role 2 years later with a third exiting the CS entirely.
Thanks
No, as a graduate I started as an HEO so have no idea about what AO or EO roles entail.
Reply 5
Original post by Quady
No, as a graduate I started as an HEO so have no idea about what AO or EO roles entail.
Right, so why are you popping up this thread then, other to cite that you are 1-2 grades above in an undisclosed Civil Service department?

If you are in the Home Office, why don't you know what your subordinates are doing? If you are not in the HO, what is the point of you wafting into this to say you can't contribute anything meaningful?
Reply 6
Original post by Compyjo
Right, so why are you popping up this thread then, other to cite that you are 1-2 grades above in an undisclosed Civil Service department?
If you are in the Home Office, why don't you know what your subordinates are doing? If you are not in the HO, what is the point of you wafting into this to say you can't contribute anything meaningful?

I'm popping up on this thread to point out to the intended audience of this forum that the myriad of threads being created on this section are aiming lower than they should be. TSR has managed to attract non-students swamping the place with threads about junk jobs. As it goes, I didn't say that I'm 1-2 grades above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending