The Student Room Group

Home Office UK Visas and Citizenship Customer Services 2022 Ref- 180694

Hi, I submitted my application back in February but haven’t heard anything yet, has anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 1213Gem
Hi, I submitted my application back in February but haven’t heard anything yet, has anyone else applied?

Hi, I also applied for this role and haven't heard a thing. Got an email stating that the sift is taking longer than usual and to have patience.

Still don't know if i've made it to interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Laz2812
Hi, I also applied for this role and haven't heard a thing. Got an email stating that the sift is taking longer than usual and to have patience.

Still don't know if i've made it to interview.

Me too, these things just take so long!
Reply 3
Hi i have had a response today to attend an interview
Reply 4
I’ve just had an email inviting me for an interview
Reply 5
Original post by Laz2812
I’ve just had an email inviting me for an interview

Fantastic!
Reply 6
Original post by v24m
Hi i have had a response today to attend an interview

Me too, congratulations! Which office have you applied for?
Original post by 1213Gem

Which location/grade is this one? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Cherryblossom91
Which location/grade is this one? :smile:

This is for an AO role. I’ve applied for Liverpool.
Original post by 1213Gem
This is for an AO role. I’ve applied for Liverpool.

Oh! Thanks :smile: thought I missed another EO campaign - good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by Cherryblossom91
Oh! Thanks :smile: thought I missed another EO campaign - good luck!

Thanks 😊
Reply 11
I had my interview on 10/04/22, for a Sheffield role. Has anyone else had their interview yet - how do you feel it went? It's a waiting game now...
Reply 12
Original post by Maz75
I had my interview on 10/04/22, for a Sheffield role. Has anyone else had their interview yet - how do you feel it went? It's a waiting game now...

I'm based in Sheffield too and have my interview coming up soon. How did your interview go, did it last the full hour and how many strengths and behaviour questions did they end up asking? Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions haha it's my first interview post University so I'm really nervous.
Reply 13
Original post by away25
I'm based in Sheffield too and have my interview coming up soon. How did your interview go, did it last the full hour and how many strengths and behaviour questions did they end up asking? Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions haha it's my first interview post University so I'm really nervous.

Hello
I feel it went OK, though I keep thinking back and thinking of things I could've said!
It was no where near as intense as I expected it to be.
It was a man and a woman who interviewed me.
There were 5 behaviour questions and some strength questions. I can't remember which ones though, I know one of them was ' what do I feel constitutes good customer service'.
They started with an ice breaker question.
They said the interview would take approximately 30 minutes, mine took 18, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing - the suspense is killing me now! I've been reading online how the civil service takes a long time to notify either way.
When is your interview? Good luck
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Maz75
Hello
I feel it went OK, though I keep thinking back and thinking of things I could've said!
There were 5 behaviour questions and some strength questions. I can't remember which ones though, I know one of them was ' what do I feel constitutes good customer service'.
They said the interview would take approximately 30 minutes, mine took 18, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing - the suspense is killing me now! I've been reading online how the civil service takes a long time to notify either way.

My one was 3 customer service question on the 6 april i had my interview and took me around 20 mins too just waiting to hear back . Let me know if they get back to you. Also man and woman for croydon office
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by UnknownLad96
My one was 3 customer service question on the 6 april i had my interview and took me around 20 mins too just waiting to hear back . Let me know if they get back to you. Also man and woman for croydon office

I shall let you know. Fingers crossed for us all
Reply 16
Original post by Maz75
Hello

Thank you! My interview is coming up on Tuesday but from what you've described, it doesn't sound as scary as I thought haha so that put me at ease. I'm currently coming up with my examples based on the common making effective decisions questions I've come across on the internet like "tell us a time you made a decision based on etc.." Would you say any of the behaviour questions threw you off or was it pretty much what you expected? And yeah I've heard it can take a while to hear back and then after that the checks can take forever! Hopefully they get back to us pretty quickly after the interviews are completed!
Reply 17
Original post by away25
Thank you! My interview is coming up on Tuesday but from what you've described, it doesn't sound as scary as I thought haha so that put me at ease. I'm currently coming up with my examples based on the common making effective decisions questions I've come across on the internet like "tell us a time you made a decision based on etc.." Would you say any of the behaviour questions threw you off or was it pretty much what you expected? And yeah I've heard it can take a while to hear back and then after that the checks can take forever! Hopefully they get back to us pretty quickly after the interviews are completed!

All of the questions I was asked were based on things I do in my everyday job really, the only one that threw me a bit was a really simple one about what constitutes good customer service. I do actually have a qualification in customer service, but somehow I seemed to give a really scatty answer. I put it down to nerves and hopefully it won't reflect too badly...
You will be fine I'm sure, it's really not that scary. Let us know how you get on.
I wish I'd checked how many interview slots there were when I booked my interview, to try and get an idea of when the interviews might be all finished.
Original post by Maz75
All of the questions I was asked were based on things I do in my everyday job really, the only one that threw me a bit was a really simple one about what constitutes good customer service. I do actually have a qualification in customer service, but somehow I seemed to give a really scatty answer. I put it down to nerves and hopefully it won't reflect too badly...
You will be fine I'm sure, it's really not that scary. Let us know how you get on.
I wish I'd checked how many interview slots there were when I booked my interview, to try and get an idea of when the interviews might be all finished.

I asked the lady she said she is interviewing for 2 weeks so today is our last day then she said mid may we should hear back then takes 3 months for clearances so if successfull i dont know if job starts in beginning of sept or beginning of august
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by UnknownLad96
I asked the lady she said she is interviewing for 2 weeks so today is our last day then she said mid may we should hear back then takes 3 months for clearances so if successfull i dont know if job starts in beginning of sept or beginning of august

Mid May, so quite a while then! Thank you for that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending