The Student Room Group

Home Office: Immigration Enforcement Casework Support AO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ProBono*
I have got the following email today:
Your pre-employment checks are now in progress and we will provide confirmation once these have been completed.
Let's see how long it will take. 🥴

Great news.fingers crossed it’s not a long wait for you. Hopefully today I hear if I am successful or not hahaha
Original post by opinder
Did you get the benchmarking email as well or is this the only email you got?

Yeah, I have got the same email about benchmarking on 14th, then a week later I have got the provisional offer.
Original post by Stacey here
Great news.fingers crossed it’s not a long wait for you. Hopefully today I hear if I am successful or not hahaha

Fingers crossed 🤞

Same, tired of the wait 😭🤣 I just want to know!!
I have got the following email today:
Your pre-employment checks are now in progress and we will provide confirmation once these have been completed.
Let's see how long it will take. 🥴

I got this same email on Tuesday and I know they contacted the person I selected for my counter signatory same day and they completed what was sent to them same day. I have just received an email today in the last hour to complete my application for security clearance so see how long it takes now from this stage
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Haf123*
Same, tired of the wait 😭🤣 I just want to know!!

Still nothing ☹️ hopefully tomorrow now lol
Yeah, I have got the same email about benchmarking on 14th, then a week later I have got the provisional offer.

I am stressed out, I have been applying so many roles outside of HO, and I have nothing 😭
Original post by grahamsmalley1
I got this same email on Tuesday and I know they contacted the person I selected for my counter signatory same day and they completed what was sent to them same day. I have just received an email today in the last hour to complete my application for security clearance so see how long it takes now from this stage

Thank you. I was asking because I did not need to provide counter signatory when I first applied to CS.
2 years ago I was waiting nearly 3 weeks for the SC link so if you already got it, it means they are a bit faster than they were before.
Thank you. I was asking because I did not need to provide counter signatory when I first applied to CS.
2 years ago I was waiting nearly 3 weeks for the SC link so if you already got it, it means they are a bit faster than they were before.

oh fab that's good news at least! after you completed the SC last time roughly how long did it take after this?
oh fab that's good news at least! after you completed the SC last time roughly how long did it take after this?

My timeline was crazy. I applied for the job in September. I did the interview in the first week of November. I have got the provisional offer on 21 December. The ID confirmation Teams meeting was on 9 January. Then I have got the link for SC in early February and received the formal offer in May, with the start date of 30 August. 🥴🥴
Hi, just wanted to come here and let you guys know that my application was rejected after I was given the provisional offer and discussed with the recruitment team about my situation that I have only been in the UK for the last 2 yrs. Although, at the time I was told it wouldn’t be an issue, I received an email today that they can not proceed with my application after keeping me hanging for more than a month.

Hopefully someone who applied for liverpool and was put on the reserve list will soon receive a provisional offer!

All the best to all of you!😊
Original post by Shaurya1234
Hi, just wanted to come here and let you guys know that my application was rejected after I was given the provisional offer and discussed with the recruitment team about my situation that I have only been in the UK for the last 2 yrs. Although, at the time I was told it wouldn’t be an issue, I received an email today that they can not proceed with my application after keeping me hanging for more than a month.
Hopefully someone who applied for liverpool and was put on the reserve list will soon receive a provisional offer!
All the best to all of you!😊

Sorry to hear that!
I read in another thread before (I think it was for an asylum decision maker role) that someone had to get a police report from abroad because he did not have the required amount of years in the UK - and this made his PEC much longer, but it was not a reason to reject him.

Don't give up! There are many CS jobs which does not require SC, so apply for those, and you'll be fine.
All the best!
Sorry to hear that!
I read in another thread before (I think it was for an asylum decision maker role) that someone had to get a police report from abroad because he did not have the required amount of years in the UK - and this made his PEC much longer, but it was not a reason to reject him.
Don't give up! There are many CS jobs which does not require SC, so apply for those, and you'll be fine.
All the best!

Thank you!
My timeline was crazy. I applied for the job in September. I did the interview in the first week of November. I have got the provisional offer on 21 December. The ID confirmation Teams meeting was on 9 January. Then I have got the link for SC in early February and received the formal offer in May, with the start date of 30 August. 🥴🥴

ahhh that's mad! hopefully might be a bit faster than that but if it followed the same timelines I probably wouldn't be starting til August / September! let me know how your progress goes. Where did you apply for in terms of location? 😀
ahhh that's mad! hopefully might be a bit faster than that but if it followed the same timelines I probably wouldn't be starting til August / September! let me know how your progress goes. Where did you apply for in terms of location? 😀

Feltham.
I hope it won't be that long at this time.

Have you got this?

Congratulations on receiving your provisional offer from Immigration Enforcement.
To help you along the next stage of your journey we have given you access to our Onboarding Hub. This has been specially designed to support you during the onboarding process and ensure you have all the information you need before you join us. Please click here and follow the on-screen instructions to register.
The Onboarding Hub contains useful information including videos and guides that cover various topics such as pre-employment checks, training, benefits, and more to give you everything you need to start your exciting role with Immigration Enforcement.
We are adding new posts regularly, so please be sure to log in often and check them out.

Kind Regards SSCL Recruitment Services Team

The first thing I saw on the Onboarding Hub is that the average time is 4 months after getting the provisional offer, and it takes long time for existing CS as well.
Have you got this?
Congratulations on receiving your provisional offer from Immigration Enforcement.
To help you along the next stage of your journey we have given you access to our Onboarding Hub. This has been specially designed to support you during the onboarding process and ensure you have all the information you need before you join us. Please click here and follow the on-screen instructions to register.
The Onboarding Hub contains useful information including videos and guides that cover various topics such as pre-employment checks, training, benefits, and more to give you everything you need to start your exciting role with Immigration Enforcement.
We are adding new posts regularly, so please be sure to log in often and check them out.
Kind Regards SSCL Recruitment Services Team

The first thing I saw on the Onboarding Hub is that the average time is 4 months after getting the provisional offer, and it takes long time for existing CS as well.

yes! was just about to come on here and ask you the same thing, at least we have a rough timeframe and hopefully it'll be around 4 months or maybe slightly shorter but have something to aim towards at least! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything more about my progress e.t.c
yes! was just about to come on here and ask you the same thing, at least we have a rough timeframe and hopefully it'll be around 4 months or maybe slightly shorter but have something to aim towards at least! I'll keep you updated if I hear anything more about my progress e.t.c

Hey, that's great! At least we can see that they are working at the background. I was expecting a start date in September anyway, so it's all good. 👍
Anyone had any updates or we all still stuck on 14.03 👎?
Anyone had any updates or we all still stuck on 14.03 👎?

No nothing - I just want to know 😭🤣 I’ve gone past the point of caring whether I’ve got it or not! Why’s it taking so long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending