The Student Room Group

Home Office: Immigration Enforcement Casework Support AO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by opinder
I applied a week and half ago, managed to do the BBA test, then they sent me online sessions to register for. And go the pre-recorded video interview link sent yesterday.

Can you share what they asked you at the pre recorded interview x
Reply 41
Original post by EKM132

I have just done this assessment, how long after did you hear if you got accepted for the pre-recorded interview please and can you remember any of the questions they asked at the interview?x

It takes a gooooood long while, you’ll hear back once you’ve forgotten the whole thing
Reply 42
Original post by Ihussain97
It takes a gooooood long while, you’ll hear back once you’ve forgotten the whole thing

I can imagine. Fingers crossed I process onto the next step
Reply 43
I did mine today and I hated it. I ACE face to face interviews. We cant even go back and record the response again!
Reply 44
Original post by opinder
I did mine today and I hated it. I ACE face to face interviews. We cant even go back and record the response again!

You may surprise yourself and have done really well! Can you remember what the questions was that they asked and how many in total?xx
Reply 45
Original post by EKM132
You may surprise yourself and have done really well! Can you remember what the questions was that they asked and how many in total?xx

They ask 9 questions in total
The first is generic, they ask who you are...and thats the one I fumbled on lol.
The rest 8 are strength based questions
E.g how would you react if you had to team up with someone you disliked?

How do you work under pressure and working through prioritising your work in a day to day basis.

Just basic questions I know i would do better if it was in person.
Reply 46
Original post by opinder
They ask 9 questions in total
The first is generic, they ask who you are...and thats the one I fumbled on lol.
The rest 8 are strength based questions
E.g how would you react if you had to team up with someone you disliked?

How do you work under pressure and working through prioritising your work in a day to day basis.

Just basic questions I know i would do better if it was in person.

Thank you so much, so generic questions really then? This is so helpful! Oh I can imagine in regards to who you are! It’s always a challenge talking about yourself, what did you say on that x
Reply 47
Original post by EKM132
Thank you so much, so generic questions really then? This is so helpful! Oh I can imagine in regards to who you are! It’s always a challenge talking about yourself, what did you say on that x

I started speaking and got flustered and skipped the question thinking I can record it again but i couldnt lol so use those 30 seconds they give you to prepare the question!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 48
Original post by opinder
I started speaking and got flustered and skipped the question thinking I can record it again but i couldnt lol so use those 30 seconds they give you to prepare the question!

Is it possible to take a short break between the questions?
Reply 49
Original post by opinder

Thank you so much for this information! Do you recommend using all the time up? I really appreciate your help with this. How long after doing the games type bit did you hear for an interview? Was there a step in between the BBA or is it straight to the interview ?xx
Reply 50
literally applied on the same day they released the job advert.... have not heard back anything 😥
Reply 51
literally applied on the same day they released the job advert.... have not heard back anything 😥

I still haven’t heard either
Reply 52
Original post by Kjc21

I still haven’t heard either

Applied in Sheffield wbu?
Reply 53

I applied in Sheffield as well, nothing back yet.
Reply 54

Iv applied for liverpool
Reply 55

Jesus! Long time then, when did they advertise it? Are you awaiting your BBA results or did you successfully pass to pre recorded interview?

Sounds such a long process x
Reply 56
Original post by EKM132
Thank you so much for this information! Do you recommend using all the time up? I really appreciate your help with this. How long after doing the games type bit did you hear for an interview? Was there a step in between the BBA or is it straight to the interview ?xx

After the BBA Assessment I recieved the link to the pre recorded video interview after 10 days of submission. They will also send you a link to register for the live sessions. There is no preparation required, they ask you strength based questions only.
Original post by julajo
I applied for the caseworker role last year and didn't get through on the test and reading the report was shocking! Didn't even read like me and complete opposite of how I am in work! I have applied this time for the support role and they automatically used last years test not giving me an opportunity to redo the test so I'm not looking hopeful at getting through.

Advice for anyone not taken the test it so far - practice!

This happened to me too. My report was awful and it had me in tears. I’m absolutely nothing like what was stated on it. I really don’t understand how these tests are a good indicator of how you perform in a work environment.
Reply 58
Original post by Tessiebearbear
This happened to me too. My report was awful and it had me in tears. I’m absolutely nothing like what was stated on it. I really don’t understand how these tests are a good indicator of how you perform in a work environment.

I started a temp role in the meantime with the home office whilst waiting for something else to come up I am interested in and can retake the test or do one of the new ones which I had a go at and scored 75% higher than other candidates (🤷)
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 59
Original post by EKM132

Jesus! Long time then, when did they advertise it? Are you awaiting your BBA results or did you successfully pass to pre recorded interview?

Sounds such a long process x

I think the role was released on the 31st of Jan and I literally applied on the same day… lol still not heard nothing 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending