The Student Room Group

Home Office: Immigration Enforcement Casework Support AO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What I would suggest is that you look out for a pdf file about strengths if you search strength based questions it should take you to a gov uk website and so you can do a bit more prep before the interview.. to have an idea about what you can say about different strength
Reply 61
Original post by opinder
After the BBA Assessment I recieved the link to the pre recorded video interview after 10 days of submission. They will also send you a link to register for the live sessions. There is no preparation required, they ask you strength based questions only.

Thank you so much! This is handy to know. Can you recall the strength based questions they asked x
Reply 62
Original post by EKM132
Thank you so much! This is handy to know. Can you recall the strength based questions they asked x

First one is just tell us about yourself, but they can ask this at any point of the questioning

How do you make sure to produce high quality work under pressure

How would you react if you had to do a team excercise with someone you do not like

What method of working do you feel works best for you, indivdually or as a team

Just stuff like this x
Reply 63
Anyone just recieved an email saying they are still reviewing your results and will be in touch with next steps soon?
Reply 64
Original post by Kjc21
Anyone just recieved an email saying they are still reviewing your results and will be in touch with next steps soon?

I had this email on Monday haven’t anything since…
Reply 65
Original post by Kjc21

Yes, I just got the same email 👍🏻
Reply 66
Original post by Kjc21

What stage of your application are you at?
Reply 67
Original post by opinder
What stage of your application are you at?

I did the tests a week ago today and currently waiting to hear back if I’m being invited for an interview or not
Reply 68
I did my BBA on wednesday night and I've got the invitation for the interview on Friday morning. My friend did the BBA at the same time and his status says that they review his result.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 69
Original post by ProBono*
I did my BBA on wednesday night and I've got the invitation for the interview on Friday morning. My friend did the BBA at the same time and his status says that they review his result.

Yes my friend did her test the same time as me last Wednesday and she was told she had not been successful on the Friday and I am still waiting to hear. Where did you apply for?
Reply 70
Original post by Kjc21
Yes my friend did her test the same time as me last Wednesday and she was told she had not been successful on the Friday and I am still waiting to hear. Where did you apply for?

London. What about you?
Reply 71
London. What about you?

I applied for Liverpool, hopefully I’ll hear by the end of the week?! I hope your interview goes/went well.
Reply 72
Original post by Kjc21
I applied for Liverpool, hopefully I’ll hear by the end of the week?! I hope your interview goes/went well.

I currently work for Home Office (Border Force, office based), so I prepared for the interview, so time will tell. 🤷🏻*♀️
Good luck with your application. When I applied for the BF, the recruitment was painfully slow. It took nearly 2 months from the interview to get the email that I was successful. So I don't expect anything better at this time.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 73
I currently work for Home Office (Border Force, office based), so I prepared for the interview, so time will tell. 🤷🏻*♀️
Good luck with your application. When I applied for the BF, the recruitment was painfully slow. It took nearly 2 months from the interview to get the email that I was successful. So I don't expect anything better at this time.

Do you enjoy the work?
Thank you. Oh wow that is a long time, a lot of patience will be needed!
Reply 74
I just came across the job advert today. Can anyone who's already applied for the role offer some advice? Anyway I can prepare for it? What kind of things I’m expecting? I’d really appreciate any response given.
Reply 75
Anyone heard anything ?
Reply 76
Original post by HANG__
I just came across the job advert today. Can anyone who's already applied for the role offer some advice? Anyway I can prepare for it? What kind of things I’m expecting? I’d really appreciate any response given.

If you mean prepare for the application it’s hard to help as they are a series of ‘games’ to kind of asses how you think. They give you a chance to practice I think but just concentrate and do what you think is best
Reply 77
Original post by Kjc21
Anyone heard anything ?

Application is open until 28 February, as I have done the interview, I don't expect anything back until the end of March. They usually don't say no to those scored in the mid-range on BBA, because they want to wait whether they can fill the available number of positions with those who scored higher. If they have not enough people from the high score group then they will get people from the mid range group, and this is why some people are still waiting after completing the BBA.
I have got the invitation for the interview within 36 hours of submitting my BBA. My friend did his test at the same time who is still waiting.
Typical HO tactics...
Reply 78
Application is open until 28 February, as I have done the interview, I don't expect anything back until the end of March. They usually don't say no to those scored in the mid-range on BBA, because they want to wait whether they can fill the available number of positions with those who scored higher. If they have not enough people from the high score group then they will get people from the mid range group, and this is why some people are still waiting after completing the BBA.
I have got the invitation for the interview within 36 hours of submitting my BBA. My friend did his test at the same time who is still waiting.
Typical HO tactics...

I see! Very HO of them, makes total sense now you have explained it. I suppose I could be in for a long wait then just to be told no. Why do I keep applying for civil service jobs ?! 🤣🤣
Reply 79
Typical HO tactics...

Makes sense thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending