The Student Room Group

Home Office: Immigration Enforcement Casework Support AO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ProBono*
LOL. Look around on the civil service website and keep applying for different positions because this will take time and the outcome is not gusranteed. I have 11 applications open at the moment. It is crazy but I kind of enjoy it and I am not in a rush as I work for HO anyway.

I have two going at the moment, this and a legal aid agency one. Can I ask, as you work for HO already, do you have any idea as to what this role will be like day to day and just what to generally expect?
Reply 81
Original post by Kjc21
I have two going at the moment, this and a legal aid agency one. Can I ask, as you work for HO already, do you have any idea as to what this role will be like day to day and just what to generally expect?

Progressing and monitoring cases that are allocated to the unit in a timely manner and in accordance with current policy and guidelines.

Liaising with partners which might include Immigration Removal Centres, Social Services, legal representatives, healthcare professionals and others.

Managing information on spreadsheets and when needed be able to interpret and extract information from a database.

Monitoring and managing incoming correspondence and responding to internal and external partners / clients both by email and formal letter. Some drafting might be required.

Telephone call handling; complying with all GDPR requirements and safeguarding personal data.

Ensuring data accuracy is maintained on internal management systems.

Proving administrative support by undertaking administrative tasks, such as: file movement, logging correspondence and dealing with customer enquiries.

Engage in ongoing learning and Development.

My job in the comms team are different, however, the above can give you an idea what to expect.
Reply 82
This is like the third email I've got from the HO saying- Thank you for completing the Online Test. We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch shortly to advise you on next steps. 😥😥😥😥😥😥
Reply 83
Original post by Ihussain97
This is like the third email I've got from the HO saying- Thank you for completing the Online Test. We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch shortly to advise you on next steps. 😥😥😥😥😥😥

I have received two - they actually got sent on Sunday so must just be automated email they send every now and again!
Hi there,

There doesn’t seem to be a forum made for this job yet, so I’ve made one.

Have you applied? I have in Sheffield. I’m on a Caseworker reserve list 😭 but I’ve only applied since I’m fed up of my current role.
What was the pre recorded interview like
Reply 85
Original post by Stacey here
Hi there,

There doesn’t seem to be a forum made for this job yet, so I’ve made one.

Have you applied? I have in Sheffield. I’m on a Caseworker reserve list 😭 but I’ve only applied since I’m fed up of my current role.

lol I haven’t even done that yet- I applied for the previous position of Caseworker in IE but got put on reserve. Essentially it’s around 9 questions on a mix of strength and behaviour questions- type that into google along with civil service and you should get a pdf file. Essentially just have a look and make examples with your experiences using the star method (situation, task, action and result).

lol I haven’t even done that yet- I applied for the previous position of Caseworker in IE but got put on reserve. Essentially it’s around 9 questions on a mix of strength and behaviour questions- type that into google along with civil service and you should get a pdf file. Essentially just have a look and make examples with your experiences using the star method (situation, task, action and result).Thanks so much finger crossed for us
Reply 87
Original post by Kjc21
If you mean prepare for the application it’s hard to help as they are a series of ‘games’ to kind of asses how you think. They give you a chance to practice I think but just concentrate and do what you think is best
Thanks for your response. Have you heard back after the test? I completed mine three days ago and I’m not sure if I’ve progressed further for the video interview stage.
Original post by hmiah007
hate these video interviews as the brain goes blank and end up waffling on.

Prefer face to face as usually interviewers will give you promts or ask further questions that help you out.

Good luck to everyone as sadly the recruitment team do drag their feet.
What did they end up asking you?
Original post by opinder
Has anyone gotten as far as the pre-recorded interview questions? I am trying to prepare but there is absolutely nothing out there as preparation questions...
Did you do the interview? What questions came up?
Application is open until 28 February, as I have done the interview, I don't expect anything back until the end of March. They usually don't say no to those scored in the mid-range on BBA, because they want to wait whether they can fill the available number of positions with those who scored higher. If they have not enough people from the high score group then they will get people from the mid range group, and this is why some people are still waiting after completing the BBA.
I have got the invitation for the interview within 36 hours of submitting my BBA. My friend did his test at the same time who is still waiting.
Typical HO tactics...
I received an email a couple days later after the BBA test for a video interview. Does that mean I scored high if I got a response quickly ?
I applied for Croydon and Feltham. Had the online test completed from a previous application and just waiting at the moment. Had a few emails saying they’re still reviewing applications so waiting to hear if I get through to the video sift. Anyone had any updates to Croydon or Feltham?
Reply 92
uhhhhh anyone heard back yetttt?
uhhhhh anyone heard back yetttt?
I did my video interview yesterday, tricky questions probably won’t hear back in ages
Reply 94
Original post by Aotaotaott
I applied for Croydon and Feltham. Had the online test completed from a previous application and just waiting at the moment. Had a few emails saying they’re still reviewing applications so waiting to hear if I get through to the video sift. Anyone had any updates to Croydon or Feltham?
I applied for Feltham. Completed the BBA test, two days later I have got the invitation for the interview. Submitted the interviewas well, so now I have to wait.
I applied for Feltham. Completed the BBA test, two days later I have got the invitation for the interview. Submitted the interviewas well, so now I have to wait.
Good luck!!! I’m hoping I hear soon it’s been about 3 weeks since I applied for both
Reply 96
Original post by Aotaotaott
Good luck!!! I’m hoping I hear soon it’s been about 3 weeks since I applied for both
Thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 97
HAS ANYONE HAD A RESPONSE??? I am stressing out because since I have submitted the video interview, there has been no further ackowledgement of my existence lol
Original post by opinder
HAS ANYONE HAD A RESPONSE??? I am stressing out because since I have submitted the video interview, there has been no further ackowledgement of my existence lol
I haven’t had a response to the BBA test yet and I submitted mine on the 31st of Jan 😂
Reply 99
Original post by Andreea240
I haven’t had a response to the BBA test yet and I submitted mine on the 31st of Jan 😂
lol SAME 😑

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending