The Student Room Group

I want to do engineering but i don't have the subjects.

I do A level biology, btec ICT and btec business. Is there any way i could get into any engineering course in uni? A lot of them require maths, which i don’t have.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by i.a000
I do A level biology, btec ICT and btec business. Is there any way i could get into any engineering course in uni? A lot of them require maths, which i don’t have.

You can do a foundation year at that Uni, it's the best way to get into a STEM course if you don't have all or any relevant A-levels. I did that myself some years back, it's a pretty relaxed year and they provide with all support they can to get you on the 1st year of the actual course, so nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by ThatguyAl
You can do a foundation year at that Uni, it's the best way to get into a STEM course if you don't have all or any relevant A-levels. I did that myself some years back, it's a pretty relaxed year and they provide with all support they can to get you on the 1st year of the actual course, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks, I’ll think about doing that then
Reply 3
Original post by i.a000
Thanks, I’ll think about doing that then

You usually have to remain at the same uni after your Foundation year so bear that in mind.
Original post by i.a000

Hi @i.a000,

We currently offer a STEM Foundation year which has an Engineering pathway. Further information about this course can be found here: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/course/stem-foundation-year/#entry-criteria-section.

We don't currently look for an A level in Maths as part of the entry criteria for this course.

I hope this helps and good luck with your future studies

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending