The Student Room Group

Oxford DPhil Education 2024

Scroll to see replies

When we applied (5th January deadline) it said that 'The outcome of your application will be emailed to you around 8-10 weeks after the deadline'. We're now in week 9.
I interviewed on 19/2 and my button disappeared today.
Original post by Anonymous #5
I interviewed on 19/2 and my button disappeared today.
My button disappeared today as well. Usually that means results come out tomorrow UK time. I have not been interviewed so I am not hopeful at all but good luck to all!!!!!!!
Original post by Anonymous #7
My button disappeared today as well. Usually that means results come out tomorrow UK time. I have not been interviewed so I am not hopeful at all but good luck to all!!!!!!!
Any ideas what time they will post the decisions?
Reply 44
My button is still there, hoping for good news for everyone!
Original post by Anonymous #5
Any ideas what time they will post the decisions?
For my previous applications, results were usually out in the early PM. Button disappearance means a decision has been reached - it's not necessarily bad or good. In all my 3 times applying, the button disappeared one day before results were communicated to me via email (2 were acceptances and 1 was rejection).
For my previous applications, results were usually out in the early PM. Button disappearance means a decision has been reached - it's not necessarily bad or good. In all my 3 times applying, the button disappeared one day before results were communicated to me via email (2 were acceptances and 1 was rejection).
What button are you referring to? Is it in the self-service portal? I don't see any upload buttons there and I am also still waiting for the decision...
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 47
Original post by just_tyna
What button are you referring to? Is it in the self-service portal? I don't see any upload buttons there and I am also still waiting for the decision...
Its a sort of roundabout way of telling when they are close to making a decision. If you go on your application page and look for the support documents button, click on it. If the option to upload a new document has disappeared, its likely you will hear back in a day or so. If it hasn't disappeared (meaning you can still upload new documents), you'll have to wait a bit longer

Hope this helped
I see, thanks for explaining! The option to upload a new document isn't there but I still haven't heard from anyone...
Just checked the portal. My application was unsuccessful. Good luck to the rest of you!
Original post by Anonymous #4
Just checked the portal. My application was unsuccessful. Good luck to the rest of you!
Also a rejection for me. What a shame but let's all rejoice over the thought of rejections as redirections. Best of luck to you on your other trajectories and best of luck to others as well! We all got this.
Also a rejection for me. What a shame but let's all rejoice over the thought of rejections as redirections. Best of luck to you on your other trajectories and best of luck to others as well! We all got this.
That is very kind of you to say and a great way for us to move forward. I was admitted into the Cambridge program, but I'm still waiting to hear about funding. If that doesn't work out, I'll reapply, expand my horizons to other schools, and apply for external funding.
My magic button disappeared just now... I guess it's not a good sign, seems like they are giving rejections first.... oh well
Reply 53
My button is still there as of now
Original post by Alyssa99
My button is still there as of now
Mine too! Despite hourly checking
any updates?
Nothing here
Hi guys, have your magic buttons disappeared yet? Mine disappeared on Thursday, but still heard nothing from the department…
Reply 58
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi guys, have your magic buttons disappeared yet? Mine disappeared on Thursday, but still heard nothing from the department…
Hey mine hasn't disappeared yet
Original post by Alyssa99
Hey mine hasn't disappeared yet

Good luck to you! I just got my offer. Super excited!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending