The Student Room Group

¬ lily's bizarre y13 adventure / y13 study journal ゴゴゴ (2023/2024)

hi there!

i remember i started one of these in y11 when i was doing gcses. i did semi-regular updates (though it did fall off.) hopefully this will motivate me to properly start revising and get on track for a-levels.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
day 1, 23/11 thurs

feeling a bit ill so not really planning on doing any revision today. instead, my goals are to 1. relax, 2. do some research on my future career.

>researched a degree apprenticeship yesterday, decided I'm gonna apply when it opens.
(edited 5 months ago)
Welcome to Grow Your Grades! :smile: Sorry you're not feeling 100%, hope you feel better soon!
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
Welcome to Grow Your Grades! :smile: Sorry you're not feeling 100%, hope you feel better soon!

Thank youuu! Hopefully it'll be gone within the next few days :')
Original post by platinumlily
Thank youuu! Hopefully it'll be gone within the next few days :')

Make sure you take the time to rest :smile: None of us are superhuman robots - not even A-level students!
Reply 5
day 5, 28/11 mon

nothing too drastic today either. revised chemistry and started reorganising/looking through my chem anki flashcards, and will go back and do flashcards on topics i left out (aka most of them.)
day 5, 28/11 mon

nothing too drastic today either. revised chemistry and started reorganising/looking through my chem anki flashcards, and will go back and do flashcards on topics i left out (aka most of them.)

well done, keep going !!! <3
Reply 8
hi there!

i remember i started one of these in y11 when i was doing gcses. i did semi-regular updates (though it did fall off.) hopefully this will motivate me to properly start revising and get on track for a-levels.

i love the jojo reference, i am indeed a jojo nerd 🤓 but i hope revision is treating u well, happy studying and make sure you’re taking care of yourself too!!
hey lily!! how is everything going, I hope great :biggrin:
😭forgot i made this, i suck at documenting things!! alright pals, here i go!

march 1, 2024
2 h of maths revision (homework on integration)
1 h of physics consolidation (bare minimum so far, radioactivity)

I've started going to the library to revise! Way nicer than doing so at home. Will hopefully do some y1 past papers tomorrow for each of my subjects.
Also planning to revisit some of the topics I did this year in physics and improve my notes on them.
Primary goal for next week is to have done at least 1 past paper for each subject :^)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by erin11
hey lily!! how is everything going, I hope great :biggrin:
<33 hey erin!! thank you for commenting, I'm getting there, hopefully revision's gonna get easier!
Original post by mizerable
i love the jojo reference, i am indeed a jojo nerd 🤓 but i hope revision is treating u well, happy studying and make sure you’re taking care of yourself too!!
YEAHH JOJO NERDS UNITE! Thank you so much, I'll do my best, hope you're doing the same <333
😭forgot i made this, i suck at documenting things!! alright pals, here i go!

march 1, 2024
2 h of maths revision (homework on integration)
1 h of physics consolidation (bare minimum so far, radioactivity)

I've started going to the library to revise! Way nicer than doing so at home. Will hopefully do some y1 past papers tomorrow for each of my subjects.
Also planning to revisit some of the topics I did this year in physics and improve my notes on them.
Primary goal for next week is to have done at least 1 past paper for each subject :^)
Ooo i love going to the library, but its so far from my house 😭
Good luck with all your revision
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Ooo i love going to the library, but its so far from my house 😭
Good luck with all your revision
It was surprisingly nice, but they also close too early as well near me😭. Thank you so much, good luck with your revision too!
march 10, 2024

sooo behind on revision. i just cleaned my room and let me tell you, changing the bedding is such a workout my abs are literally killing me. (yes im very unathletic!!)

today's plans are:
go on PMT, write out physics notes im missing

do the physics work set for last week that again, i haven't done yet

go look at my chemistry book and the lesson ppt and again, write out all the stuff i missed out

(this will probably take quite a bit.)
march 10, 2024
sooo behind on revision. i just cleaned my room and let me tell you, changing the bedding is such a workout my abs are literally killing me. (yes im very unathletic!!)
today's plans are:
go on PMT, write out physics notes im missing

do the physics work set for last week that again, i haven't done yet

go look at my chemistry book and the lesson ppt and again, write out all the stuff i missed out
(this will probably take quite a bit.)
hey good luck with todayyyy :heart:
april 8th, 2024
9:30 PM
oof on my ability to keep a regular calendar on here lol 💔 soz guys.

i was sooo determined to do an entire paper's worth of revision today. and i did a physics past paper, so semi-success, but not nearly enough :'). I'll go to sleep soon, catch up on sleep, and hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day.
april 9th, 2024

I have been in the library since noon. Meaning I've only been here for three hours, though I've done another Physics Paper 2 paper (2018), and am currently doing a Further maths MwA paper (2019). We only did this paper in year 1, so evidently i forgot a lot!

Physics paper summary.

marked. slight improvement from yesterday aka the 2017. Saved by the boundaries, since i scraped an A. Calculations carried me, worded questions (particularly 2/3 markers) sucked! Still need to go an entire grade up.

Very very rusty on gravitational fields, specifically all the stuff about potentials and describing things going from infinity to 0. (see, i don't even remember what I'm talking about)

made flashcards ONLY on the definitions on the paper.

will update later today.
Further maths 2019, Mwa paper

scraped an A.

need to watch TLMaths vids and look over specifications to see the obscure lil facts im supposed to remember

THEY'RE SUPER PEDANTIC W WORDING so need to practice that. especially when it comes to LP formulations

I have 0 memory on simplex.

With that, I'm estimating that I did around 4.5 h of revision. I'm going home soon, so here's what I need to do later today after a biiiig break.
Further Maths

big refresher on simplex and two-stage simplex by binging tlmaths

practice questions by looking at old homework if i have the time.

Physics

still need to go through the multiple choice section in the past paper I did.

read through specification on gravitational fields and PMT notes - i doubt i'll have energy to do questions, but if i do that would be great. If not, try to fit in a few videos.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to doing as much of the easter homework I haven't done to get that out of the way.

That is all for today, have a great day <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending