The Student Room Group

Agent Duck’s GCSE journey - GYG

Heyyy

I’m in year 11 now and absolutely petrified for it but I’m going to try and stay on top of my work and hopefully get through this year 🤞
I’m making this GYG so that I can be motivated to study and revise regularly and effectively.

Feel free to follow my journey and let me know if you want to be tagged 😌

I’ll try to update twice a week - once during the week and once at the weekend.
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy

I’m in year 11 now and absolutely petrified for it but I’m going to try and stay on top of my work and hopefully get through this year 🤞
I’m making this GYG so that I can be motivated to study and revise regularly and effectively.

Feel free to follow my journey and let me know if you want to be tagged 😌

I’ll try to update twice a week - once during the week and once at the weekend.

Please tag me in :smile: Best of luck, you've got this! :groovy:
Update

Heyyy
I’m on the bus rn (which is probably where most of these posts will be written from) so I’ll give an update on school and anything else.

So first i’ll start with the subjects I’m taking and my predicted grades based off my year 10 end of years

- AQA english literature (Much Ado, Love and Relationships, Inspector Calls, Pride and Prejudice) 8
- AQA english language 7
- EDEXCEL maths ( and maybe further maths idk) 8
- AQA biology 9
- AQA chemistry 9
- AQA physics 9
- AQA geography (coasts and glaciers) 9
- AQA food preparation and nutrition 8
- OCR computer science 8
- EDEXCEL spanish 8
- AQA religious studies 9

So far I’ve had two test - biology and physics - the biology one we were told to revise over summer for and I did that last friday so hopefully I’ll get it back this friday 🤞. The physics one I did today fifth period and it was a surprise test but luckily it was just multiple choice so I’ll be getting that back on Friday as well.

Tags - @Evil Homer
(edited 3 months ago)
Heyyy

I'm currently in the process of learning the vocab for our current spanish module and then I'll start revising for the other ones.
I got my biology test back and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped - 77% - I guess I procrastinated too much over summer so this year I'm really trying to work on not doing that so I can stay on track.
I'm going to go over some coasts revision for geography either later today or tomorrow because I've got a trip this week to a coastal area so I need to make sure I remember the landforms and stuff:crossedf:

Tags - @Evil Homer
Heyyy

I'm currently in the process of learning the vocab for our current spanish module and then I'll start revising for the other ones.
I got my biology test back and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped - 77% - I guess I procrastinated too much over summer so this year I'm really trying to work on not doing that so I can stay on track.
I'm going to go over some coasts revision for geography either later today or tomorrow because I've got a trip this week to a coastal area so I need to make sure I remember the landforms and stuff:crossedf:

Tags - @Evil Homer

Ah but 77% isn't a bad way to kick of the year, no? Hopefully this blog will help to keep you on track!

What will you be doing on the coastal trip?
Sorry for not posting - a few weeks in and i’m already failing to reach my post target of twice a week 😭. I had some family stuff happening but hopefully I should stay on track now 🤞

I had my geography trip on Wednesday and we went to Walton on the Naze - it wasn’t as boring as I’d thought, we looked at the coastal defences in the morning then we ate lunch on the beach and got some free time to wander around the town. There wasn’t much to do there but it was nice to have the freedom anyways.

This week has been quite full on with tests - maths on monday, chemistry on tuesday, english on wednesday and spanish today. I’m so glad I don’t have anything tomorrow 😇 I got my maths test back today 90% so I was quite pleased with that considering most of the topic was done before the summer. I know I messed up on one of the chemistry questions but hopefully I get method marks 🤞 and I’m not looking forward to getting any of my tests back. I’ve got a computing test on Monday so I need to revise for that.

I saw my nephew again at the weekend - he’s five months old- and coincidentally we were matching. I had a grey mickey mouse t-shirt while he had a grey mickey mouse sweatshirt 🥰. With everything that’s been going on in my family he definitely cheered me up (but maybe distracted me from my revision).

Tags - @Evil Homer
Sorry for not posting - a few weeks in and i’m already failing to reach my post target of twice a week 😭. I had some family stuff happening but hopefully I should stay on track now 🤞

I had my geography trip on Wednesday and we went to Walton on the Naze - it wasn’t as boring as I’d thought, we looked at the coastal defences in the morning then we ate lunch on the beach and got some free time to wander around the town. There wasn’t much to do there but it was nice to have the freedom anyways.

This week has been quite full on with tests - maths on monday, chemistry on tuesday, english on wednesday and spanish today. I’m so glad I don’t have anything tomorrow 😇 I got my maths test back today 90% so I was quite pleased with that considering most of the topic was done before the summer. I know I messed up on one of the chemistry questions but hopefully I get method marks 🤞 and I’m not looking forward to getting any of my tests back. I’ve got a computing test on Monday so I need to revise for that.

I saw my nephew again at the weekend - he’s five months old- and coincidentally we were matching. I had a grey mickey mouse t-shirt while he had a grey mickey mouse sweatshirt 🥰. With everything that’s been going on in my family he definitely cheered me up (but maybe distracted me from my revision).

Tags - @Evil Homer

Well done on your maths test, what a great start! Does sound like a pretty full week. Have you got any nice weekend plans to help you unwind?
Original post by Pwca
Well done on your maths test, what a great start! Does sound like a pretty full week. Have you got any nice weekend plans to help you unwind?

Thanks
I didn’t really do much on the weekend but I did get all my homework done and I didn’t get any today so it’s pretty chill
Heyyy
I’ve got so much homework to do this weekend
- an a3 timeline about Elizabeth and darcy’s relationship
- an essay about Elizabeth and Darcy’s relationship
- a spanish revision sheet
- a practice non calculator paper
- stick in sheets and organise my biology books
- write down the spanish vocabulary for the current module
- general mocks revision

On top of this I have family coming round for dinner and my parents are coming back after 3 weeks abroad. So I’m going to try and be productive - any tips for that would be welcome🫠

Tags - @Evil Homer
(edited 6 months ago)
Heyyy
I’ve got so much homework to do this weekend
- an a3 timeline about Elizabeth and darcy’s relationship
- an essay about Elizabeth and Darcy’s relationship
- a spanish revision sheet
- a practice non calculator paper
- stick in sheets and organise my biology books
- write down the spanish vocabulary for the current module
- general mocks revision

On top of this I have family coming round for dinner and my parents are coming back after 3 weeks abroad. So I’m going to try and be productive - any tips for that would be welcome🫠

Tags - @Evil Homer

Order your tasks in terms of priority. Start with the ones on top of the list. :yep:
Heyyy
So yesterday I tried to be productive and it kinda worked
I did the essay, half of the maths paper and organised my biology book. Then at 11pm / 6am I did the a3 timeline and spanish sheet. The spanish vocab isn’t actually hw that’s just something I like to do with each module so I’ll probably get that done on the bus this week. I didn’t manage to do any mocks revision so today I plan on revisiting my geography case studies from year 9

Tags - @Evil Homer
Reply 11
Heyyy
So yesterday I tried to be productive and it kinda worked
I did the essay, half of the maths paper and organised my biology book. Then at 11pm / 6am I did the a3 timeline and spanish sheet. The spanish vocab isn’t actually hw that’s just something I like to do with each module so I’ll probably get that done on the bus this week. I didn’t manage to do any mocks revision so today I plan on revisiting my geography case studies from year 9

Tags - @Evil Homer

Hello there!
I wish you all the best xx
Your mocks are surprisingly earlier how come? If you dm telling xx
Original post by Trickia
Hello there!
I wish you all the best xx
Your mocks are surprisingly earlier how come? If you dm telling xx

Heyyy
My mocks are late November/ early December but I’m starting revision now because I’ve kinda forgotten everything from year 9 😭
Thanks and I wish you all the best as well xx
Reply 13
Heyyy
My mocks are late November/ early December but I’m starting revision now because I’ve kinda forgotten everything from year 9 😭
Thanks and I wish you all the best as well xx

Oh I see😮
Relatable😵
I'm doing some geography mocks revision because I feel like that has the most specifics (like case study statistics) to learn.
Fifth period I had a surprise 'timed practice' which is basically a test essay in english🤞 for tomorrow as we're self assessing them
Tomorrow it is cross country but because its year 11 we are allowed to walk it and listen to music - so I will be listenign to Taylor Swift for the lesson whilst walking around the field.

I'm also trying to get into good habits about using capital letters and punctuation when typing because I got into the bad habit but now it annoys me when i look at it all in lowercase with no punctuation

Tags - @Evil Homer
(edited 6 months ago)
IMG_4998.jpeg
Not me doing chemistry homework on the bus 🫠. I’ve been getting a new bus that past 3 weeks ish because it gets me home quicker but none of my friends get this bus and I’m the only girl on this bus 😭 so I actually get quite a bit of homework done on my bus now

@Evil Homer
(edited 6 months ago)
I did my first investigation for my Food NEA1 which was petrifiying. It still hasn't really sunk in that what I'm doing now is for my Actual GCSEs not just practice. Hopefuuly it will be ok but I forgot to take a picture of the cookies before I put them in the oven :frown: I was really stressed and I hate the timing so much :cry:
I did my first investigation for my Food NEA1 which was petrifiying. It still hasn't really sunk in that what I'm doing now is for my Actual GCSEs not just practice. Hopefuuly it will be ok but I forgot to take a picture of the cookies before I put them in the oven :frown: I was really stressed and I hate the timing so much :cry:

Totally understandable that you got a bit overwhelmed, but try to take things one step at a time and not think too far ahead :smile: The most important thing, of course, is were the cookies tasty?? :biggrin:
Original post by Pwca
Totally understandable that you got a bit overwhelmed, but try to take things one step at a time and not think too far ahead :smile: The most important thing, of course, is were the cookies tasty?? :biggrin:

Yep 😇. I got my family to do sensory analysis (basically just taste testing and answering some questions) and they all enjoyed it
IMG_4998.jpeg
Not me doing chemistry homework on the bus 🫠. I’ve been getting a new bus that past 3 weeks ish because it gets me home quicker but none of my friends get this bus and I’m the only girl on this bus 😭 so I actually get quite a bit of homework done on my bus now

@Evil Homer

Glad it's not just me who frantically does work on the bus :colondollar:

Loving your updates - feel free to tag me in future ones :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending